This Ultimate Bagel Sandwich is guaranteed to break you out of your lunchtime rut.
Most of us are tired of having the same old lunchtime sandwich routine. That's why you should take the time to treat yourself to this knockout of a bagel sandwich.
What makes the Ultimate Bagel Sandwich so special?
It’s the ingredients – top-notch bagel bread, a nice deli cheese slice, freshly sliced tomato with lettuce, buttery spread, fruit jam, and carved slow roasted sliced ham.
What makes it even more exceptional is warming up the ham in a frying pan, so it begins to brown and caramelize.
Then letting the cheese slowly melt over the ham before placing it on your toasted bagel.
Getting hungry yet?
(I chose an all fruit orange marmalade). Mmmmmmmmmm, so good!
If a bagel breakfast sandwich is more your thing, there are directions below on how to add an egg to the Ultimate Bagel Sandwich.
Believe me, you'll never go back to having a regular sandwich for lunch again!
Make it a breakfast bagel ham sandwich
Are you more of a breakfast bagel person? Then add an egg to this bagel ham sandwich!
Here’s how to make and egg bagel sandwich:
Over medium heat, cook one egg in a frying pan big enough to fry your egg and brown some sliced ham at the same time.
That way you can save time by cooking everything at once and you’ll only have one pan to wash.
When the egg is almost done cooking (you can cook it all the way through or runny – up to you), turn off the heat and cover the ham with a cheese slice.
Then cover the pan with a lid. Let the residual heat melt the cheese.
Then follow the rest of the directions as written below.
- 1 bagel, plain or savory flavor (regular, wheat or gluten free)
- Several slices ham
- 1 slice deli cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter or buttery spread
- 1 teaspoon fruit jam
- 2 thin slices tomato
- Lettuce leaves
- Toast bagel to your liking.
- In a frying pan over medium-low heat, warm up several slices of ham until they begin to brown. Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the burner. Place a cheese slice on top of the ham. Cover with a lid to let the residual heat melt the cheese.
- Lightly spread one bagel half with butter or buttery spread. Then lightly spread the other bagel half with fruit jam.
- Layer on a couple of slices of tomato and a few lettuce leaves to the bottom half of the bagel. Then place ham and cheese on top. Finally, place on the top half of the toasted bagel.
- Serve while still warm. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1494mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 30g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.