You can contact me at mama @ thismamacooks . com
am @ the-write-spot . com
Hi, I'm Anne-Marie Nichols. I've been a Gluten Free Recipes Development Writer and Food Photographer at This Mama Cooks! and a Social Media Consultant for the past 15 years.
I’m also mom to two teenagers, Nathan and Lucie, and wife to Paul, a scientist, avid outdoorsman, and motorcycle enthusiast. We live in West Lafayette, Indiana with our beagle mix, Nellie.
So why a gluten free food recipes blog?
In 2004, I started This Mama Cooks! to document and share my Thanksgiving plans since it’s my favorite cooking and eating holiday of the year.
Soon I was posting about the recipes I made for my family like my husband and my favorite Mexican recipes that we grew up eating in San Diego.
Along the way, I was inspired by the recipes I was cooking for my mother-in-law who was self-diagnosed as having celiacs before going gluten free was understood by most doctors...or anyone else.
At that time you could only find gluten free products at funky little health food stores and had to create gluten free baked goods from scratch using 4 different kinds of gluten free flours and 3 kinds of binders.
It was challenging to cook for her, but we learned together.
Eventually, I went gluten free myself after being diagnosed with food sensitivities and then IBS. While I can tolerate some gluten, I just feel better not having it.
So now my mission at This Mama Cooks! is helping people by sharing good-for-you gluten-free recipes, gluten free products reviews, and as other allergy-free recipes like dairy free, sugar free, egg free, and even some low carb, paleo, keto and vegan recipes.
No matter what type of food lifestyle you follow, you should find a delicious and easy to make recipe to fit your needs here at This Mama Cooks!
Social media consulting and professional food blogging
Starting in 2006, I’ve been working full time as a professional food blogger. Some highlights:
I was one of the original mom bloggers at Club Mom (now CafeMom).
I was a community moderator at CafeMom.
I gave two blogging workshops at the Northern Colorado Writers Conference and spoke on panels at BlogHer, SXSW, BlogWorld Expo (NMX), and TECHmunch.
I gave the breakfast keynote talk and conducted a social media workshop at the United States Personal Chef Conference.
Via workshops or one-on-one consulting, I've taught aspiring and professional writers and business people how to start their own blogs and use social media to promote themselves and their business.
This Mama Cooks! was named one of the Top 10 Diet and Nutrition Blogs by Cision Navigator.
I was named one of Babble.com's Top 50 Mommy Food Bloggers and #8 in the Top 10 Healthiest Eating Mom Blogs.
I was named one of Babble.com's Top 100 Mommy Food Bloggers and #7 in the Top 10 Healthiest Eating Mom Blogs.
I was interviewed at Food Network's Healthy Eats Blogger Spotlight.
My frugal living tips were featured at All You Magazine in their Money-savings Tips Overheard on the Blogs both online and in their print magazine along with my frugal recipe for Greek yogurt.
I was featured at Fitness Magazine's Fit Stop as a Fit Blogger We Love: This Mama Cooks.
My post, Julia's Mousse Makes Life Better, was featured in PBS.org's Tributes to Julia Child.
I was featured in a Blogger Spotlight at Food Network's Healthy Eats blog.
I've had my Simple & Healthy Split Pea Soup recipe featured at Country Living Magazine.
My Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs have been featured at Kansas Living Magazine.
My Healthy Split Pea Soup has been featured at Country Living Magazine.
My recipes have also been featured on Good Housekeeping, Today.com, Brit.com, The Greatist, Delish, House Beautiful, Parade, the Daily Meal, The Penny Hoarder, Redbook, and more.
I also do travel writing:
I traveled to Hawaii on behalf of the Sea Cuisine company to report on seafood and local cuisine. (Website no longer live.)
I wrote about barbecue restaurants on a trip from Colorado to Georgia for Drive The Nation at Midwest BBQTour.
I wrote about the Dining at the El Tovar at the Grand Canyon, Planning your Grand Canyon Railways trip, All aboard the Grand Canyon Railway, and How to make your Grand Canyon motorcoach reservation at the Mom Central website.
You can find my travel posts here.
Brands I’ve worked with
- on the expert panel of the Global Stevia Institute
- a Sam’s Club Food Ambassador
- a Panera Bread blogger
- a Frigidaire Test Drive Mom
- a Foodily Ambassador
- an Attune Foods Ambassador
- a Yahoo! Shine Get It Guru
- a Ziploc Fresh Over Insider
- a Lipton Tastemaker
- an Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop Ambassador
- a Mountain High Yoghurt Ambassador
- a Children’s Claritin Mom Crew member
- a member of the Coppertone Water MOMS group
- a U by Kotex Tween Kotex Mom
- a VIP member of the Dreamfields Pasta “Dream Team”
- a California Wine Club Blogger
- a LiveWell Colorado Twitter Chat Host
- a Hunt's Signature Recipes Blogger
- a YumSugar Select Food Blogger
- a member of The Republic of Tea Enlightenment TEAm
- a Microsoft Windows Champion
- a Diet Coke Ambassador
- a Benefiber Blogger
- a Nature's Sleep Blogger
- a Pfister Faucets Blogger
- a member of the Invisalign Teen Mom Advisory Board
- a Cans Get You Cooking Ambassador
- a part of the ARM & HAMMER Influencer Network
- a Mizkan Blogger Advocate working with their NAKANO and Holland House brands
- a Bundoo Ambassador
- a Massel Gluten Free Blogger
- an Applegate Farms Blogger
- a Cascadian Farm Blogger
- a LivingNowFoods Ambassador
- a Food for Sleep Blogger
- a Wayfair Homemaker Featured Blogger
- an Avocados from Mexico Blogger
- an eBay Buying Guide Author
- a Poise Ambassador
- an Udi's Gluten Free Living Ambassador
- a CafeMom Blogger
- a Chex Blogger
- a General Mills Blogger
- a Georgia Watermelon Drinks Blogger
- a Kroger Blogger
- a Unilever at Sam's Club Blogger
- a Dannon Products Blogger
I've also hosted live events for:
- Feld Entertainment
- Ziploc VersaGlass Containers
- Hunt's Dinner Sauces
I’ve represented food companies like SOYJOY, Attune Foods, Log Cabin Syrup, and Nasoya at blogging conferences, too.
Currently, I'm partnering with your favorite food, cooking, pet, and travel brands!
Updated October 2019