Last Updated on April 18, 2022 by Anne-Marie
Have you ever made your own dressing? Well, making this low-carb keto ranch dressing recipe is a breeze!
This creamy, low-carb ranch dressing recipe is perfect for anyone on a keto diet.
Use it on a side salad. Or make this homemade low-carb dressing into a veggie dip and serve with your favorite low-carb vegetables.
Why make keto ranch dressing?
Have you looked at the label of grocery store traditional ranch dressing? Not just the carb count from the added sugar in Hidden Valley Ranch either.
But ingredients like monosodium glutamate in store-bought dressings? Yuck!
As long as you use quality ingredients, this homemade keto salad dressing doesn't have any added sugars. Just healthy fats, fresh or dry herbs, and some seasonings.
How to make homemade low-carb ranch dressing
It's super easy to make low-carb salad dressings. No need for a food processor either. Just stir it up, right in a bowl or a shake it up in a large glass jar!
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sour cream.
2. Add the lemon juice, herbs, and seasonings. Mix together until well combined.
3. Slowly add milk and mix until combined.
If the ranch dressing is too thick, add a little more milk. Also, give the dressing a taste and season with salt and black pepper, if you wish.
4. Transfer to a mason jar or an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.
Homemade ranch dressing lasts up to two weeks in the fridge.
What kind of mayonnaise should you use?
To make a low-carb ranch dressing, use regular mayo, an olive oil-based mayo, or one made with avocado oil. Also, make sure it's a sugar-free mayonnaise. Read those labels!
Here are some brands that should be available at your grocery store:
- Chosen Foods Classic Avocado Oil Mayo
- Chosen Foods Classic Keto Mayo
- Kraft Mayo Avocado Oil
- Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise
Yes, you can make your own homemade mayo with whole egg, egg yolk, apple cider vinegar, mustard, and olive oil. I’ll let you find your own recipe if you want to do that instead of using a store-bought mayo.
What kinds of milk or milk alternatives should you use?
If you don't mind dairy, you can use heavy cream or half-n-half.
Otherwise, use unsweetened versions of the following low-carb milk alternatives:
- coconut milk
- almond milk
- soy milk
- flax milk
- pea milk
- cashew milk
- macadamia milk
If you want completely dairy free dressings and don't mind that it's NOT low carb/keto-friendly, check out my 4 Vegan Salad Dressing Recipes.
No fresh herbs?
Don't have time to go to the grocery store for fresh herbs?
Use dried herbs in this quick recipe instead!
Here are the measurements:
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced dill or chives = 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced = 1 teaspoon dried
Best ways to use low carb ranch dressing
● Mix the ranch dressing with some crumbled blue cheese. Then use it as a dipping sauce for keto-friendly chicken wings. Decadent!
● Mix the dressing with mashed avocado. Then you have a creamy, low-carb dip to serve with healthy, fresh vegetables.
● Got a ranch craving during moving night? Dip pork rinds in this creamy homemade ranch dressing!
● Spread it on your hamburger or use on your sandwiches instead of plain mayo.
● Instead of boring ol’ mayo, use it in your egg salad or chicken salad recipes. Delish!
● If you’re like my daughter, you love to dip your low-carb keto pizza in the ranch.
● This isn't low carb, but if you make air fyer ravioli, this ranch dressing makes a super dipping sauce.
More easy keto recipes
Looking for more quick and easy keto recipes? Give these a try:
Try Keto Strawberry Sauce Recipe (Low Carb, Sugar Free) or Vegan Caramel Sauce Recipe on your favorite low-carb ice cream
Easy Instant Pot Ham Recipe (With 3 Glaze Recipes!) is delightful for the holidays.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add the lemon juice, herbs, and seasonings. Mix together until well combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 2 cups
As an Amazon Associate Affiliate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.