You'll love this fried air fryer ravioli recipe. Make these easy air “fried” ravioli in just 15 minutes!
If you've had toasted ravioli at your favorite bar or restaurant, you know how tasty this snack is when dipped into marina sauce.
Don’t fret, I'll show you how to make these favorite game day appetizers gluten-free!
How to make fried air fryer ravioli
1. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl or shallow dish until combined.
2. In another medium bowl or shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasonings until well combined.
3. Coat ravioli in egg wash. Then dip into the bread crumb mixture.
4. Place ravioli on a baking sheet, cutting board, or work surface.
5. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
6. Add a single layer of ravioli to the air fryer basket. Then spray with cooking spray.
7. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
8. Repeat with the remaining ravioli.
9. Serve immediately with fresh herbs and a small bowl of your favorite marinara sauce or another dipping sauce.
Can you use frozen ravioli?
You'll need to thaw the frozen ravioli according to package directions before cooking.
Do I need to cook the ravioli?
Totally optional as that softens the filling. But you don't have to as that adds another step and a lot of time and clean up.
However, if you have leftover ravioli from a meal, the air fryer cooks it up into a tasty appetizer.
What a great way to use up leftovers!
What if my toasted ravioli looks dried out?
Did you remember to spray the breaded ravioli with cooking spray?
If you forgot you can always repeat that step and stick it back into the air fryer for a minute or two to allow the oiled breading to crisp up.
Pro tip: I like using olive oil cooking spray with this recipe. This way the air fryer fried ravioli tastes like it's deep-fried without it getting too oily.
What do you dip toasted ravioli in?
You'll also love to dip ravioli in these sauces:
● Cheese sauce
● Alfredo sauce
How to prepare these for a party
If you're looking for a delicious appetizer for a game day party, this toasted ravioli recipe fits the bill!
However, making a big batch for a crowd means you'll have to keep the ravioli warm.
Set your oven on the warm setting or at 200 degrees F. Then place the fried ravioli on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to keep them crispy until your guests arrive.
How to make gluten-free fried air fryer ravioli
Ravioli: To make this into gluten-free finger food, you need to purchase gluten-free ravioli.
Luckily, there are several terrific GF ravioli on the market such as Udi's Three Cheese Ravioli, Maninis Pasta Ravioli, and several types of La Pasta Ravioli.
Can’t find them? Check the freezer section of your grocery store for gluten-free ravioli. Or try your local health food store.
A quick DIY alternative is toasting gluten-free bread until it’s super dried out. Just grind up the toast in a blender or food processor until you have fine crumbs.
Remember when using plain breadcrumbs, you can add more seasoning if you prefer.
Sauce: Just make sure any dipping sauce you serve with the ravioli is gluten-free.
How to reheat air fryer ravioli
If you have leftover air fryer toasted ravioli, don't reheat them in the microwave. They'll just get all dried out and/or rubbery.
Instead, preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees. Then cook for 2-3 minutes until the ravioli are reheated.
This way they stay nice and crispy due to the airflow in the appliance.
More easy recipes
Looking for more great recipes to serve at your party? Try these:
● For appetizers serve this Caprese Ladybugs Appetizer Recipe.
- 1 (20 ounce) package fresh ravioli or frozen ravioli (see Notes)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned or plain (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Marinara sauce (or other sauces)
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl or shallow dish until combined.
- In another medium bowl or shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasonings until well combined.
- Coat ravioli in egg wash. Then dip into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated ravioli on a plate, cutting board, or work surface.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add a single layer of ravioli to the air fryer basket. Then spray with cooking spray.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining ravioli.
- Serve immediately with fresh herbs and a small bowl of dipping sauce if you like.
Breadcrumbs: If using plain breadcrumbs, you can add more seasoning.
Frozen ravioli: Thaw the ravioli according to package directions before cooking.
As an Amazon Associate Affiliate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 393mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.