Serve up this creamy chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe on movie nights or at your next party.
Why this recipe works
It's super easy to make this no bake cookie dough dip. Even my son, who doesn't cook much, was able to make a batch on his own with no help from mom.
It’s terrific for get togethers or just when you want to indulge in a sweet treat.
This dessert dip can be changed up with add-ins like crushed cookies, sprinkles, and more. Best of all, it takes only 10 minutes to make.
Why make this cookie dough dip recipe?
Of course, because of the raw eggs and raw flour, eating raw cookie dough is not a great idea.
Instead, when I get a cookie dough craving, I make a batch of this easy dip recipe.
Not only is this edible cookie dough delicious, but it’s also totally safe to eat.
And there’s no baking required when making this decadent dip.
How do you make chocolate chip cookie dough dip?
This creamy cookie dough dip is going to become one of your favorite dessert recipes.
1. First, remember to soften the butter and cream cheese.
Learn how in to safely soften cream cheese in this article: how long can cream cheese sit out?
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
(You can also whip up this easy dessert in your stand mixer.)
3. Add butter and beat until well combined and fluffy.
4. Beat in brown sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Add powdered sugar and mix until well combined and fluffy.
(Wondering if that old bag of powdered sugar in your pantry is OK to use? Read: How does powdered sugar go bad?)
6. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula until well combined.
7. Serve immediately at room temperature with graham crackers, fresh fruit, and vanilla wafers. Or chill until ready to serve.
8. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
What type of chocolate chips?
For the best cookie dough dip recipe, you’ll want to use mini chocolate chips as they’re the easiest to mix in. Plus, they won’t overwhelm this decadent dip.
You can use milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips.
If you have allergies, I recommend using Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips. These chips are verified allergy-friendly, certified gluten-free, and vegan.
Got leftover chocolate chips?
Chocolate chips aren’t just for dessert dip recipes. You can make:
- Zucchini Muffins Recipe – use chocolate chips instead of raisins
- Chocolate Fondue – vegan, dairy free and super creamy
- M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups – melt the chips to make this copycat candy recipe
- Homemade Granola Bars
What else can you use in this tasty dip?
All of these add-ins work well with this easy cookie dough dip:
- Peanut butter chips
- Toffee bits
- Sprinkles – make this dip form into a party!
- Chopped nuts
- Mini M&Ms
- Crushed cookies if you love cookies and cream
- Mint chips
- Mini marshmallows if you love s’mores
- Butterscotch chips
What can you serve with cookie dough dip?
These are some of my favorite dippers:
- Graham crackers
- Graham cracker sticks
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Rice Flour Snickerdoodles Cookies (gluten free)
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pine Nut Cookies
- Teddy Grahams
- Nilla wafers
- Animal crackers
- Apple slices
Is this dip gluten free?
Yes, this decadent dip is naturally gluten free.
However, for the dippers, you should pick gluten free cookies, pretzels, and animal crackers.
Fresh fruit is naturally gluten free, of course. Or just eat edible cookie dough with a spoon!
How to make peanut butter cookie dough dip
My son asked if he could turn this cookie dough recipe into a peanut butter cookie dough dip. Here’s how:
- Use 1/4 cup butter softened and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Add both when you’d add just the butter before.
- Use 1/2 cup peanut butter chips and 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips. Add both when you’d add just the chocolate chips before.
Besides a peanut butter dip, you could also make this into an almond butter, sunflower butter, or cashew butter dip.
Can I make a vegan cookie dough dip?
Yes, you can make this chocolate chip cookie dough vegan and dairy free with the following substitutions:
For the cream cheese, use a vegan cream cheese like Tofutti or Trader Joe's brand non-dairy cream cheese.
For more vegan cream cheese substitutions ideas, check out The 14 Best Substitutes for Cream Cheese.
For the unsalted butter, use a vegan buttery spread or coconut oil that's solid at room temperature.
For the chips, use Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips. These chips are certified vegan. You could also use nuts.
Can I make cookie dough dip without sugar?
Yes, you can make this a sugar free cookie dough dip with the following substitutions:
For the brown sugar, use Swerve Sweetener, Brown. This is an all-natural, no-calorie, brown sugar substitute that tastes just like the real thing.
For the powdered sugar, use Swerve Confectioners Sweetener. This is also an all-natural, no-calorie, sugar substitute. It’s just like powdered sugar.
For the add ins, use something sugar free, like nuts. Or crush up a sugar free, low carb, keto-friendly candy like Lily's chocolates.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Graham cracker sticks
- Nilla wafers
- Animal Crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add butter and beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Beat in brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until well combined and fluffy.
- Fold in chocolate chips until well combined.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.