Last Updated on October 5, 2021 by Anne-Marie
You're going to flip over this Instant Pot Country Style Ribs recipe. It's so easy to make delectable BBQ pork ribs at home in your pressure cooker.
No need to fire up the grill or smoker so you can enjoy barbecued boneless country-style pork ribs year-round.
This easy instant pot recipe will soon become a popular recipe at your house for parties and family dinners.
What are country style ribs?
Wondering what country style ribs are? They're boneless pork rib chops from the pork shoulder end of the loin.
They're meatier and cheaper than baby back ribs, which is a win-win in my book!
When shopping, look for a nice mixture of fat and lean meat with good marbling in these boneless pork ribs.
Why pressure cook country style boneless ribs?
While I have a slow cooker recipe or two for ribs, I do like making boneless ribs in the electric pressure cooker.
First, it’s so much faster and doesn’t take all day.
Second, they come out moist and tender. But not too tender.
Sometimes I overcook short ribs, baby back ribs, and beef ribs in my crock pot. I’m left with a pile of rib bones and shredded meat. Whoops! Not what I wanted.
Pressure cooking ribs is so much easier and the results are more dependable.
How to make easy Instant Pot country style ribs
This boneless country style pork ribs recipe can be made in a 6-Qt. Instant Pot or 8-Qt. Instant Pot.
You'll love how easy it is to make these Instant Pot pork ribs. It’ll become one of your go-to Instant Pot recipes.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
2. Place ribs in a medium bowl. Then sprinkle the spices over both sides of the ribs.
3. Pour apple cider vinegar and apple juice over ribs.
4. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
5. While ribs are marinating, mix together ingredients for Easy Homemade BBQ sauce.
6. Add a trivet to the bottom of the pot. Then add the beef stock.
7. When ribs are done marinating, remove them from the refrigerator. (Discard the marinade.)
8. Place the ribs on the trivet in the pressure cooker.
9. Pour the BBQ sauce over the ribs. Place the lid on the Instant Pot.
10. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on High for 40 minutes.
11. When done cooking, perform a Natural Release for 15 minutes.
12. Do a Quick Release for any remaining pressure. Then carefully remove the lid.
13. Remove the cooked ribs from the pressure cooker with tongs.
14. Optional step: To give ribs a grilled appearance, place them on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Broil in the oven on the top rack for 3-5 minutes.
15. Serve with additional BBQ sauce and side dishes.
16. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Get more Instant Pot Tips at When is it Safe to Open my Instant Pot?
Read this if you're wondering why your Instant Pot isn't heating or working.
Can you cook frozen country style ribs in a Instant Pot pressure cooker?
Yes, you can cook frozen ribs in your Instant Pot. And the cooking time stays the same.
However, your Instant Pot takes longer to come to pressure when you cook FROZEN country style pork ribs.
Remember that cooking time won't start until your Instant Pot comes under full pressure.
So when making dinner tonight, keep in mind it takes longer to make if you start with frozen meat.
What kind of barbecue sauce?
You have three options!
1. To keep it super convenient, use your favorite barbeque sauce from the grocery store.
2. You can make the Easy Homemade BBQ sauce in the recipe below.
3. Or make my Sugar Free BBQ Sauce. It’s low carb and keto-friendly, too.
What side dishes to serve with Instant Pot country style ribs
Now that you’ve discovered the best way to make boneless country style ribs, here are some ideas to make it a full meal:
● Coleslaw is a classic side dish. Try this easy coleslaw recipe.
● Who doesn't love cornbread with their ribs? Try my Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread recipe.
● This Gluten Free Tabbouleh Recipe is a delicious rice salad side dish.
● Try potato salad, Crock Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes, or Crockpot Mashed Potatoes.
● For dessert, try this Southern Easy Buttermilk Pie or The Best No Bake Oreo Cheesecake.
More tips to help you make this easy ribs recipe
Can I use chicken broth or veggie broth? Sure!
Can I use a different kind of vinegar? In a pinch, you can use white or rice vinegar.
Is this a gluten free recipe? It is as long as the beef broth and barbecue sauce you're using are gluten free. Check the labels!
Is this rib recipe keto or low carb? No, because of the apple juice and BBQ sauce.
To make this a keto country style ribs recipe, substitute 1/2 cup broth or water and 2 teaspoons of your favorite low carb sweetener for the apple juice.
Then use my Sugar Free BBQ Sauce or your favorite low-carb barbecue sauce instead of the easy homemade barbecue sauce recipe below.
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
This Instant Pot Country Style Ribs recipe is easy to make. Serve Instant Pot Country Style Ribs with your favorite side dishes.
- 4 pounds country style ribs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup beef stock
Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Add ribs to a medium bowl. Sprinkle the spices over both sides of the ribs.
- Pour apple cider vinegar and apple juice over ribs.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- While ribs are marinating, mix together ingredients for BBQ sauce.
- Add a trivet to the bottom of your Instant Pot. Then add beef stock.
- When ribs are done marinating, remove them from the refrigerator. (Discard the marinade.)
- Place the ribs on the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the ribs. Place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on High for 40 minutes.
- When done cooking, perform a natural release for 15 minutes.
- Do a manual release for the remaining pressure. Then carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the cooked ribs from the pressure cooker with tongs.
- Optional step: To give ribs a grilled appearance, place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Give a quick broil in the oven on the top rack for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce and side dishes.
As an Amazon Associate Affiliate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:3/4 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 930Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 884mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 81g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.