Looking for the best sugar free BBQ sauce recipe that you can make in 5 minutes?
You’ll need a couple of special store-bought ingredients, but this tastes just as good as regular sugar added barbecue sauce.
It’s so tasty that you won’t believe this barbeque sauce without sugar isn’t the real thing.
It’s perfect for someone who is looking for a keto-friendly BBQ sauce or is on a low carb or diabetic diet.
Best of all, you’ll have a healthier low carb BBQ sauce to put on your pulled pork or chicken recipes!
What you need to make a BBQ sauce without sugar in 5 minutes
This sugar free BBQ sauce recipe is for people who normally eat sugar free because they're doing a keto or low carb diet or are low carb sugar free because of diabetes.
I bring up that caveat because this sugar free barbecue sauce recipe assumes that you have a couple of ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry. And I assume if you're keto/low carb/diabetic diet, you do:
● your favorite store-bought sugar free ketchup
● store-bought sugar free brown sugar substitutes like Swerve Sweetener, Brown
You'll also need apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
Without these “magic” ingredients, you'll have to make a recipe for sugar free BBQ sauce from scratch that could take up to an hour and would involve cooking, saucepans, and major clean up.
And who has time for that?
Instead, you can use your favorite sugar free ketchup and sugar free brown sugar substitute to whip this up in no time.
Watch how easy it is to make this Sugar Free Homemade BBQ Sauce.
How to make a quick low carb barbeque sauce
1. Add your favorite store-bought keto low carb ketchup, brown sugar substitute, and apple cider vinegar to a small bowl.
2. Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined. Make sure all of the brown sugar substitute is completely dissolved. (Brown sugar tends to clump together, so you make need to break it up.)
3. Let the sugar free barbecue sauce set for about 15 minutes. This allows flavors to blend.
4. You can store this homemade BBQ sauce in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to a week.
What are the best keto-friendly low carb kinds of ketchup?
Here the best low carb sugar free ketchup brands that get 4 stars and better reviews on Amazon:
Make sure there's no added sugar like cane sugar, agave, or honey in the ingredients!
What are the best keto-friendly low carb brown sugar substitutes?
Here are other low carb sugar free brown sugars that get 4 stars and better reviews on Amazon:
These two are blends of either stevia or Splenda, so are low sugar substitutes. They’re also sweeter, so you use less in your keto barbeque sauce recipe.
If you are fine making a low sugar barbeque sauce, you can use these:
Make sure to read ingredients to see if sugar substitutes are OK for your dietary needs – low carb, keto, diabetic, low calorie, Weight Watchers, etc.
How can I jazz up this sugar free barbeque sauce recipe?
Not everyone loves plain BBQ sauce. Some like this recipe with a bit more spice, smoke or even more vinegar.
Add the following seasonings “to taste” to your no sugar BBQ sauce if you like:
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- liquid smoke
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- soy sauce (or tamari sauce if you're gluten free)
- onion powder
- chipotle powder
- extra vinegar
Can I freeze no sugar barbeque sauce?
Sure! Just double the batch of this low carb barbecue sauce. Put half in a freezer-safe food storage container or Ziploc bag (with the extra air squeezed out).
Label and date the container or bag. Sugar free barbecue sauces should stay good for six months in the freezer.
More easy keto recipes
You can also sugar free barbecue sauce on fish, meatloaf, steak, pork chops, ribs, chicken wings, and so much more!
More keto, low carb recipes you should check out are:
- Marinated Asparagus
- Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- Amazing Prosciutto Cups Appetizer with Goat Cheese Mousse
- Candied Pecans (sugar free)
- Best Herb & Lemon Pork Loin Marinade Recipe for Pork Roast
- 3/4 cup sugar free ketchup
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener, Brown
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Be sure all of the brown sugar substitute is completely dissolved.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes before using for flavors to blend.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.