Do you love salmon but don’t know how to cook it? Try this Easy Oven Baked Salmon recipe from my longtime contributor, Holly Clegg.
Since it’s an easy oven baked salmon recipe, there’s no need to fire up the grill.
This recipe for salmon is not only perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, it’s great for entertaining, too.
It’s also healthy, diabetic friendly, and naturally gluten free.
What I love about Holly’s baked salmon recipe is there are only five ingredients! (I don’t count salt and pepper.) And you can get dinner cooked up in 25 minutes!
If you're on a keto diet, use your favorite sugar substitute instead of the brown sugar.
I like Swerve Sweetener, Brown. It's all natural, zero calories, and terrific for anyone doing keto or low carb diets.
Check out Holly’s trim & TERRIFIC™ cookbooks on Amazon, too!
Try this Easy Oven Baked Salmon recipe tonight!
Does salmon intimidate you or you don’t know how to cook it?
For a fast dinner, try my five-ingredient easy delicious salmon recipe from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age - 200 Simple and Sassy Recipes.
Just season the salmon, pop in the oven, and you have a terrific meal ready in minutes!
Line your baking pan with foil for easy clean up.
Also, try adding some vegetables on the side of the pan for roasted veggies to serve with the salmon.
More awesome recipes from Holly Clegg
Easy Oven Baked Salmon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar or Swerve Sweetener, Brown
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven 400° F. Line baking pan with foil.
- In resealable plastic bag, mix together brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and season to taste. Add salmon, coating all over and pat in seasoning.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Serving size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 252
- Calories from Fat: 63 (25%)
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Unsaturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 153mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 lean meat
Recipe and photographs used with permission of author.
Originally published on October 13, 2016.