Last Updated on February 16, 2022 by Anne-Marie
Make this Cabbage Roll Casserole in your crock-pot this week for dinner!
Why this recipe works
This nutritious dinner recipe comes from my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg, and is just the dish for a cold winter evening!
Usually stuffed cabbage rolls take a lot of time and preparation. However, Holly’s recipe has all the flavor with none of the fuss.
This cabbage roll casserole recipe comes from her Kitchen 101 Cookbook.
You can find more of Holly Clegg’s trim& TERRIFIC® recipes at The Healthy Cooking Blog.
Check out Holly’s trim& TERRIFIC™ cookbooks on Amazon, too!
Nothing easier than slow cooker stuffed cabbage
This crock-pot stuffed cabbage is a snap, too, because it uses shredded cabbage – coleslaw mix from the store – and bottled marinara.
What recipe could be easier than that when you’re too busy to cook?
Just get this ready in the morning and you’ll have a yummy slow cooker stuffed cabbage casserole waiting for you when you get home.
For easy crock-pot cleanup, use slow cooker liners. They’re a lifesaver because they make cleanup a breeze.
Now that I use them, I no longer have to soak my slow cooker overnight and scrub it using Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser and a scouring pad.
Fix it and forget it crock pot stuffed cabbage
I love a “fix it and forget it” recipe. And what is better than a meal that basically cooks itself in your slow cooker after a long busy day?
This Cabbage Roll Casserole has all the components of stuffed cabbage rolls combined into an effortless casserole.
That's meaty sirloin, brown rice and marinara, plus the cabbage adds moist sweetness without overpowering the hearty meal.
Keep your recipe trim and terrific by using sirloin since meat ending in “loin” or “round” are some of the leanest cuts of meat, which helps cut down on saturated fat.
More awesome recipes from Holly Clegg
● Copycat Popeyes Blackened Chicken Tenders Recipe (Keto)
● Easy Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
● Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
● Ahi Tuna Tacos Recipe with Wasabi Cream and Mango Avocado Salsa
● Easy Mardi Gras King Cakes Recipe with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Filling
Cabbage Roll Casserole Crock-Pot Recipe
Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage is easy to make in your slow cooker. This Cabbage Roll Casserole is a fix it and forget it crock-pot recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 1 16-ounce bag coleslaw
- 1 24-ounce jar healthy marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- In 3 1/2-6 quart slow cooker, insert plastic liner if desired. In a large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is done, about 7 minutes. Drain any excess liquid. Add pepper.
- Add meat with remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours.
As an Amazon Associate Affiliate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Dietary Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat
Pictures and recipe used with permission of author.