Last Updated on October 6, 2021 by Anne-Marie
This pulled pork skillet with cornbread recipe is a one-skillet dinner made with barbecue pulled pork.
Why this recipe works
Try this pulled pork skillet with cornbread recipe if you’re looking for quick and easy dinner ideas. It combines all your barbecue favorites – pulled pork, cornbread, and corn – right in a skillet!
This easy dinner can be made with take out barbecue pulled pork from your favorite takeout BBQ place. (Order extra and make this the next evening.)
This skillet dinner recipe is also a terrific way to way to use leftover Instant Pot pulled pork.
Pork skillet recipe ingredients
Besides pulled pork, this skillet dinner recipe is easy to make with the following ingredients:
Cornbread mix: I love having barbecue with corn bread. Luckily, there are now some terrific gluten free cornbread mixes on the market.
My favorite is Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix, which isn’t too sweet.
Cheese: I added cheese to the cornbread mix to make it even more tasty. I used a shredded Mexican four cheese blend, which I always keep on hand for making quesadillas.
Use a spicy cheese like Jalapeno & Habanero Jack Cheese if you like.
Vegetables: I also wanted to add some veggies to go along with the pulled pork filling. My kids love corn, so I thought a bag of frozen corn would be perfect.
I love using frozen vegetables since they’re so convenient and nutritious.
These days you can “steam” frozen vegetables by microwaving them right in the package. That makes this Pulled Pork Skillet dinner recipe even easier!
For variety, add another type of veggie to this recipe, like green beans or cauliflower.
Pork skillet casserole recipe tips
The beauty of a one skillet meals recipe like this one is that it takes no time at all to put together – 20 minutes prep and 30 minutes cook time.
Use leftovers: What I like about this pulled pork skillet dinner is that you can make it from leftovers, whether that’s BBQ takeout or if you make barbecue pulled pork in your crockpot or smoker.
You can also use my Instant Pot Pulled Pork and Sugar Free BBQ Sauce recipes.
Make it a money saver: Buy a few extra boxes of the Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix when it’s on sale or from Amazon Subscribe & Save.
That way you can quickly make this flavorful easy skillet meal any weekday evening.
What about chicken? Yes, you can used barbecue pulled chicken in this easy skillet recipe, too!
I find that using chicken breasts instead of pork can be a time saver by using my slow cooker!
Here’s the easiest way to make Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Chicken:
- Line your slow cooker with crockpot liners for easy cleanup. Or spray with cooking spray.
- Place 3 pounds of chicken breasts in the crock-pot. (You can also use boneless chicken thighs or tenders or a mixture of chicken meat. Just make sure it's boneless.)
- Add 1 1/2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours until the breasts are tender enough to shred with a fork. (Chicken breasts will take longer to cook if frozen.)
- Drain any extra liquid. (Especially important if you used frozen chicken breasts.)
In a pinch, you can used 2-3 pounds of chopped up rotisserie chicken. Add your favorite barbecue sauce to taste. Mix together and use as directed below.
My kids are crazy about this quick and easy dinner. I find that my son, Nathan, loves to have slices of leftover Pulled Pork & Cornbread Skillet for breakfast and lunch, too.
More easy skillet recipes
Searching for easy to make, one pot skillet recipes?
● Then you'll love this Easy Nachos Recipe made in a skillet and this Easy Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread recipe.
● For breakfast you can cook up some Baked Eggs with Skillet Potatoes in Pesto.
● For a one pot dinner, try Easy Gluten Free Pot Pie in a Skillet or this Sweet Potato Pork Hash Recipe.
● If you’re a cornbread fan, you’ll love Pulled Pork Skillet with Cornbread Recipe.
● For a one pot dinner, try Easy Gluten Free Pot Pie in a Skillet.
● If you love Middle Eastern food, try Shakshuka with Feta for brunch or dinner.
● For a Mexican style breakfast, try this Easy Breakfast Chilaquiles Recipe made with spicy chorizo.
Pulled Pork Skillet with Cornbread Recipe
Pulled Pork Skillet recipe is a one-skillet dinner. This easy skillet recipe is made with barbecue pulled pork.
- 1 15-ounces box Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread and Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1 bag frozen corn
- Cooking spray
- 3 pounds barbecue pulled pork
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place gluten free cornbread mix, water, canola oil, egg, and cheese in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Place bag of frozen corn in microwave and heat for 2 to 3 minutes, just long enough to separate and defrost kernels of corn.
- Spray a 12-inch oven-safe skillet with cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the skillet evenly with pulled pork. Then evenly pour corn over pulled pork.
- Spoon cornbread batter over the pulled pork. Then spread evenly with a spatula or back of a fork.
- Bake skillet for 30 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 665Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 1149mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 2gSugar: 60gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Originally published on September 29, 2015, January 13, 2017 and January 12, 2018. Updated with new pictures and information.