Last Updated on April 25, 2022 by Anne-Marie
This is the best quick and easy nachos recipe for a get together or weeknight dinner. Best of all it's a one-skillet recipe for easy clean up that can be made in 20 minutes.
Why this recipe works
If you’ve ever tried to make restaurant style cheese nachos at home just to get rubbery or dried out chips, you have to try this one skillet recipe!
This is a nacho recipe where you dip the tortilla chips into the nacho dip after it’s been assembled and cooked. That way your tortilla chips stay nice and crispy.
Even better, this simple nacho recipe is cooked in a skillet for easy serving at the table for a no guilt party meal since it’s made with lean ground turkey, beans, diced tomatoes, and nutritious beans.
Just place the skillet on a pot holder or trivet on your table next to the bag of tortilla chips.
Then your guests can spoon some nacho dip on to their plates along with a handful or two of tortilla chips!
Making this easy cheese nachos takes less than 20 minutes!
What I love about cooking up this simple nachos recipe is that it takes no time at all. More time to enjoy at your game watching party so you’re not stuck in the kitchen cooking!
I find that browning lean ground turkey takes less time than lean ground beef, which is why I use it.
It’s also about half the cost, too. What takes most of the time in making this nacho dip recipe is actually opening the cans of beans, and draining and rinsing them!
Save time by using already a shredded Mexican style four cheese blend. I find that using finely shredded cheese saves even more time since melting it takes no time at all – 5 minutes max in a 250 degrees oven.
Is nachos cheese dip gluten free?
Not all store bought taco seasoning is gluten free, so check the label!
Or make your own homemade taco seasoning mix, which is cheaper and tastier, too!
What type of cookware?
Make sure to use an oven safe skillet for this your nachos recipe.
If you don’t have one, transfer your cooked ground turkey and beans mixture to an oven safe casserole dish. Then cover the mixture with cheese before placing it in the oven.
What type of ground meat for nacho dip?
If you don’t like ground turkey, lean ground beef is OK to use, too.
What if my guests are vegetarian?
You can easily make this nacho dip vegetarian by omitting the ground turkey. Then substitute the turkey with another can of beans (your choice).
Or cook up some tofu crumbles instead of the ground turkey.
Beans, beans, beans! Don’t worry about using the same type of beans as listed in the recipe. Black beans, red beans, pinto beans, and even garbanzo beans would all be terrific in this skillet nacho dip!
What type of tortilla chips? I like serving a variety of tortilla chips with this easy nachos dip – blue chips, yellow and white corn chips, and even sweet potato tortilla chips.
Check out the healthy food aisle as well as the chip aisles of your grocery store for fun new tortilla chips colors and shapes.
How to serve easy homemade nachos
Hot or mild? Make your Easy Nachos Recipe on the mild side for your game watching party. You may love your nachos hot and spicy, but your guests may not.
Instead, place your favorite bottles of hot sauce on the table so everyone can turn it up a notch.
Got leftovers? Leftover nachos dip can be reheated and put into tacos or burritos. Add more shredded cheese, sliced avocado, some cilantro, and chopped lettuce or other vegetables. Yum!
More party appetizer and dip ideas
Looking for more appetizers for the Big Game or other get togethers with friends?
Here are some tasty recipes:
● Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
● Asian Style Gluten Free Meatballs
● Chicken Shawarma Appetizers Recipe with Dipping Sauce
● Copycat Popeyes Blackened Chicken Tenders Recipe (Keto)
● Best Oven Baked Plantain Chips
Easy Nachos Recipe
Serve this easy nachos recipe at your sports watching party. This nachos dip recipe can be made in less than 20 minutes in a skillet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 packet store-bought taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning mix
- 1 15.25-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 15.25-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 16-ounce jar mild salsa
- 1 8-ounce package (2 cups) finely shredded Mexican style four cheese blend
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
- Add diced onion, ground turkey, and taco seasoning. Brown turkey using the back of the spoon to break up the meat.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, and salsa. Combine thoroughly and heat through until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove skillet from heat. Pat down meat and mixtures mixture until it’s flat. Cover evenly with shredded cheese.
- Place skillet in 250 degrees F oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has completely melted. Keep in a warm oven until serving time.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips for dipping.
Feeds 4-6 as a meal or 8-10 as an appetizer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1282mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Originally posted on April 26, 2016 and Jan 27, 2018. Updated with new information.