These Asian Style Gluten Free Meatballs are perfect for entertaining, especially when you’re tired of serving the usual party appetizers.
This gluten free meatball recipe is super easy and fun to make. Get the kids to help you!
Make gluten free meatballs for your next party
These are the ultimate gluten free cocktail meatballs! Tasty, popular with guests (especially if they’re gluten or dairy free) and easy to transport to potlucks in an insulated casserole carrier.
If you’re looking for meatballs for kids, this recipe fits the bill, too! That’s because they’re fun to eat with toothpicks and dipping sauce.
After all what kid (or kid at heart) doesn’t love to dip their food in a tangy sauce?
Serving up your gluten free meatballs recipe
To keep pork meatball recipe gluten free, I suggest serving it with San-J Gluten Free Orange Sauce. So yummy!
Any of the other San-J Gluten Free Cooking Sauces would go well, too. You can offer your guests several to choose from.
Guests can add a splash of the dipping sauces on their plate and then place the meatballs on top.
If you love easy party meatballs, check out Gluten Free Asian Meatballs with Hoisin Sauce. These are also terrific for dinner!
Making Asian style meatballs
Freeze for later: Or make a full batch and freeze half of these gluten free and dairy free meatballs for another night’s dinner. Or a last minute party!
Keto friendly? Leave out the dipping sauce if you’re looking for a keto meatball recipe. Substitute a low carb sweet chili sauce for the San-J sauce to make these into tasty low carb meatballs.
More party appetizers
Asian Style Gluten Free Meatballs
- 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons Massel Gluten-Free, Salt Reduced All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning Granules, any flavor
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds ground pork or turkey (or a combination of both)
- San-J Gluten Free Orange Sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine shallots, ginger, garlic, and Massel bouillon granules. Add ground pepper.
- Add ground pork to seasonings and mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie dough scoop, scoop ground meat on to baking sheet until sheet is covered.
- Since ground meat will be too sticky to shape into meatballs, place baking sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes until meatballs are slightly firmed up.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer. Shape meatballs using the palms of your hands, and place back on to baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve meatballs with toothpicks and sauce of choice.
- Serving size: 2 meatballs
Originally published on January 22, 2014 and October 18, 2018.
Updated with new pictures and information.