These Asian Style Gluten Free Meatballs are perfect for entertaining, especially when you’re tired of serving the usual party appetizers.
This gluten free meatball recipe is super easy and fun to make. Get the kids to help you!
Make gluten free meatballs for your next party
These are the ultimate gluten free cocktail meatballs! Tasty, popular with guests (especially if they’re gluten or dairy free) and easy to transport to potlucks in an insulated casserole carrier.
If you’re looking for meatballs for kids, this recipe fits the bill, too! That’s because they’re fun to eat with toothpicks and dipping sauce.
After all what kid (or kid at heart) doesn’t love to dip their food in a tangy sauce?
Serving up your Asian meatballs recipe
To keep pork meatball recipe gluten free, I suggest serving it with San-J Gluten Free Orange Sauce. So yummy!
Any of the other San-J Gluten Free Cooking Sauces would go well, too. You can offer your guests several to choose from.
You could also make your own gluten free Homemade Hoisin Sauce as a dipping sauce.
When entertaining, serve the party meatball recipe on small plates with lots of toothpicks.
Guests can add a splash of the dipping sauces on their plate and then place the meatballs on top.
If you love easy party meatballs, check out Gluten Free Asian Meatballs with Hoisin Sauce. These are also terrific for dinner!
Making Asian style meatballs
Seasoning the meatballs: To keep pork meatball recipe gluten free and dairy free, I recommend using Massel bouillon cubes and seasoning granules.
You can use any flavor of granules – chicken, beef, or vegetable for the meatballs.
Make meatballs for dinner: You can cut the recipe in half and serve the meatballs with a veggie stir fry, over brown rice or noodles with a spicy Asian sauce.
What type of ground meat?
When making these yummy meatballs for kids or adults, you can use either reduced fat ground pork or ground turkey – or a combination of both!
Are these meatballs keto friendly?
Leave out the dipping sauce if you’re looking for a keto meatball recipe. Substitute a low carb sweet chili sauce for the San-J sauce to make these into tasty low carb meatballs.
Can I freeze these?
Make a full batch and freeze half of these gluten free and dairy free meatballs for another night’s dinner. Or a last minute party!
More party appetizers
Looking for more easy to make appetizers for your next party? Try these recipes:
- 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons Massel Gluten-Free, Salt Reduced All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning Granules, any flavor
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds ground pork or turkey (or a combination of both)
- San-J Gluten Free Orange Sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine shallots, ginger, garlic, and Massel bouillon granules. Add ground pepper.
- Add ground pork to seasonings and mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie dough scoop, scoop ground meat onto to baking sheet until the sheet is covered.
- Since ground meat will be too sticky to shape into meatballs, place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until meatballs are slightly firmed up.
- Remove the baking sheet from the freezer. Shape meatballs using the palms of your hands, and place back on to the baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve meatballs with toothpicks and sauce of choice.
As an Amazon Associate Affiliate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:5 meatballs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Originally published on January 22, 2014 and October 18, 2018.
Updated with new pictures and information.