Fish tacos get a bad rap because much of time the fish is battered, fried and served with a fatty mayonnaise or sour cream sauce. Instead, Jillian Michael’s recipe from The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook has several nutritional benefits like being heart healthy, an immunity booster and anti-cancer. She also claims it improves your digestion and gives you healthy skin.
This Mama’s tips
- If you cannot find (or afford) mahi mahi, tilapia is a good substitute.
- Personally I prefer corn tortillas over whole wheat. Not only do they taste better, but they’re more authentic. But Jillian wants you to avoid starchy vegetables like corn, so I completely understand why she uses whole wheat tortillas instead. If you’re gluten free, use corn tortillas.
- I’m shocked that originally there was no cilantro in this recipe, so I took the liberty of adding some for you! In The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook, Jillian Michaels writes that cilantro is a “form of natural chelation therapy, helping to detox the liver and remove heavy metals from the body.” So I didn’t think she’d mind.
- If you can’t find virgin coconut oil, use olive or grapeseed oil instead.
More Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism recipes
More healthy taco and fish recipes from This Mama Cooks!
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Green Chile-Coconut Milk Broth
- Crab tacos
- Grilled Wahoo and Orange Butter
- Grilled Tuna with Smoky Tomato Salsa
- Greek Mahi Mahi with Kalamata Olives
- Sautéed Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos with Mango and Pineapple Salsa and Spicy Black Beans
- Carne asada and fish tacos
Recipe used with permission.
Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.