Last Updated on December 11, 2022 by Anne-Marie
Make these crispy air fryer sweet potato wedges in less than 30 minutes. Serve this delicious side dish with your favorite dipping sauce.
Why this recipe works
Air frying is a healthier alternative to deep frying because it allows you to cook food with a small amount of oil. That means fewer calories and easy cleanup.
No wonder air frying is one of the most popular cooking methods around.
This healthy alternative to fried sweet potato fries uses minimal ingredients. Your taste buds will love the crispy exterior and the tender insides.
● sweet potatoes
● non-stick cooking spray (we like olive oil spray)
● olive oil
● coarse salt or kosher salt
● onion powder
● ground black pepper
● fresh parsley (optional garnish)
How to make this recipe
Air fryer temperatures vary. Use the exact cooking time and temperature that works best for your appliance.
1. Clean and cut sweet potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl for mixing. (Yes, you want to remove the sweet potato skin.)
Note: If you're preparing the sweet potato wedges ahead of time, place them in the mixing bowl. Then fill it with cold water, so the wedges don't brown.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
3. Drizzle sweet potato wedges with oil.
4. Combine spices in a small mixing bowl.
5. Sprinkle spice blend over the sweet potato wedges. Toss to coat evenly.
6. Place wedges in the air fryer basket, allowing enough space to cook evenly and form a crispy outer layer. You'll need to cook the wedges in batches.
7. Cook at 380 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, turning halfway through. Cook until golden brown for maximum crispiness.
8. Remove the wedges. Place them on a baking sheet lined with paper towels in a warm oven.
9. Continue cooking the remaining wedges.
10. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
11. Place leftover air fryer potato wedges in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Substitutions and variations
Oils: Instead of olive oil, you can use avocado oil or canola oil.
You can also make this recipe with white potatoes or russet potatoes. Or make sweet potato fries. Since fries are thinner, cooking time will be less.
You can use a variety of seasonings with these homemade wedges. Try a blend of spices using these simple ingredients:
- garlic powder
- brown sugar (or sugar-free Swerve Sweetener Brown)
- cayenne pepper
- paprika: you can use smoked paprika, sweet paprika, regular ground paprika
- pumpkin spice
- aromatic cumin
- curry powder
- taco seasoning mix
What dipping sauce should I serve?
This is the perfect snack for a variety of dipping sauces. Here are just a few to serve with this healthy side dish:
● fry sauce
● pesto sauce
● spicy miso sauce
● or sprinkle on a little grated parmesan
More air fryer recipes
If you love this air fryer recipe, try a family favorite or two:
Besides air-fried sweet potato wedges, what do you like to cook in your air fryer?
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cleaned and cut into wedges
- non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish, optional
- Clean and cut sweet potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl for mixing.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Drizzle wedges with oil.
- Combine spices in a small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle spice blend over the sweet potato wedges. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place wedges in the air fryer basket, allowing enough space to cook evenly and form a crispy outer layer. Cook the wedges in batches.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, turning halfway through. Cook until golden brown with a crispy exterior.
- Remove the wedges. Place them on a baking sheet lined with paper towels in a warm oven.
- Continue cooking the remaining wedges.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Place sweet potato leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1522mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 11gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.