Have you ever tried Pumpkin Cheesecake Lasagna? It's a creamy pumpkin layered dessert that you'll love serving during the fall holidays because it's such a crowd-pleaser!
This pumpkin pie flavored dessert is super easy to put together since it's made with pudding mix, cool whip, cream cheese, and canned pumpkin.
Best of all, you can make this pumpkin dessert lasagna ahead of time for Thanksgiving dinner or bring it to a family dinner or potluck.
How to make this easy pumpkin lasagna dessert
Pumpkin cheesecake lasagna is all about layers! Make sure to cool and refrigerate each one before adding the next.
Combine flour, sugar, and chopped nuts in a large bowl. Add the softened butter and mix well. Press the crust mixture to the 9″x13″ baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
Stir together cream cheese and sugar. Add one container of Cool Whip. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust layer.
Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
Mix together the instant vanilla pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. (Don’t use the cook and serve type of pudding mix!)
Fold in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Spread over the previous layer.
(You can also use homemade pumpkin puree. See How to Cook a Pumpkin.)
Place in refrigerator to chill at least 15 minutes or until pudding is set.
Don't like pumpkin pie spice? You can use just cinnamon instead.
Whipped Topping Layer
Spread the second container of cool whip topping over the pudding layer. Then sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap (or the lid, if it has one). Refrigerate for at least 4 hours until ready to serve.
If you love this easy dessert, then you'll love this Chocolate Lasagna Recipe.
How to make a gluten free pumpkin lasagne dessert
To make this a gluten free pumpkin dessert, I recommend using an all-purpose gluten free flour like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, since it cooks up just like regular flour.
Here’s the best way to measure gluten free flour: Believe it or not, you shouldn’t scoop gluten free flour directly out of the bag with a measuring cup.
It packs down the flour and you end up with a bit too much in your cup. Too much flour means your crust may come out too dry.
Instead, spoon the flour from the bag (or the container you keep your flour in) into your measuring cup. Then use the back of a spatula or knife to level off the top of the cup.
This way the gluten free flour is given a mini-sift and isn’t packed down.
Can I make this recipe for pumpkin cheesecake lasagna ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this pumpkin pie lasagna dessert a day or two ahead of time.
That’s why this is a terrific make ahead dessert for Thanksgiving or other fall holiday parties.
Letting it set in overnight in the refrigerator and serving it the next day is the best way since this pumpkin dessert does need to set up for at least four hours.
Is it possible to make this a sugar free pumpkin cheesecake lasagna?
You can with a few substitutions!
● Try using sugar-free Cool Whip. You should be able to find this at your grocery store or at Walmart. There may be a generic store brand version of this, too.
● Finally, use sugar-free instant vanilla Jell-o Pudding. (Don’t use the cook and serve version. It won’t work the same way.)
Again, there may be a generic grocery store version, which could be a little cheaper.
Can this recipe for pumpkin lasagna be made dairy free?
Again, I think you can in this recipe with a few substitutions.
● Instead of butter, use a vegan buttery spread like Earth Balance.
● Use a vegan cream cheese, like Tofutti. Check the label for other allergens, like soy, if necessary.
● There is one dairy free cool whip type whipped topping which you can try – So Delicious Dairy Free Coco Whip.
There may be others at your local health food store so check the freezer section.
More delicious pumpkin desserts
Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving are all about enjoying delicious pumpkin desserts. Give these a try:
● Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie is made with coconut cream.
● Pumpkin Gluten Free Scones Recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast.
● Pumpkin Bread Pudding is a terrific way to use up stale gluten free bread.
● Crockpot Pumpkin Dump Cake uses gluten free cake mix.
● Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pumpkin is a family favorite.
● Weight Watchers Pumpkin Mousse is low calorie and super creamy.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
Cream Cake Layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3 (3.4 ounce) small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Caramel topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 13″x9″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and chopped nuts.
- Add butter to flour mixture and mix well.
- Press into the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cream together softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in one 8-ounce container of whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese and whipping topping mixture over the crust.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in pumpkin and spice until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 15 minutes or until pudding is set.
- Spread the second 8-ounce container of whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve for at least 4 hours.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.