This Halloween Martini: Eyeball Highball Halloween Cocktail is a spooky drink that says, “Here’s looking at you, kid!”
It's actually a classic martini drink recipe with frozen “eyeballs” – round ice cubes with radishes stuffed with pimiento-stuffed olives.
What could be more fun?
Or creepy? Bwahaha.
Making a Halloween Martini with creepy frozen eyeballs!
Having a party? Then you’ll want to make a big batch of Creepy Frozen Eyeballs for your Halloween martini imbibing guests.
The best way to do this is to buy an Ice Ball Mold Tray. You can find these online or at home goods stores.
Also, look for radishes that are somewhat uniform in size. That way they’ll fit nicely into the ice cube tray.
Creepy Frozen Eyeballs aren’t just for this highball drink recipe. They’d also work well in Bloody Mary’s.
Turn this into Halloween drinks for kids
If you’re looking for a more kid friendly Halloween mocktail, don’t worry! This Eyeball Highball Halloween Cocktail can be modified.
Making a Halloween drink for kids (and non-imbibing adults) is easier than you think.
For a big batch of ghoulish drinks, double the batch of Creepy Frozen Eyeballs. One bunch will be for the grownup cocktails.
The extra frozen eyeball can then be served in tomato juice or plain seltzer for the little ghouls. Or a Virgin Bloody Mary for the grownups.
Looking for more Halloween party ideas?
● Searching for black cocktails for Halloween? Try a Dead Man’s Kiss Cocktail.
● Serve up this pumpkin shaped Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe.
- 14 medium radishes
- 7 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved crosswise
- 16 ounces gin or vodka
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- To make Creepy Frozen Eyeballs, trim the stem and root end of each radish. Use a paring knife to scrape red skin from each radish, leaving just enough to give a veiny appearance. With a small melon baller, cut a hole in radish, about 1/2 inch in diameter. Fit an olive half, cut-side facing out, into the hole.
- Place radish in ice cube tray. Repeat with remaining radishes. Fill the tray with water and freeze.
- Mix vodka or gin with vermouth and stir with ice. Divide eyeball ice cubes among four glasses. Strain cocktail, pour into glasses and serve.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Photo and recipe used with permission of Martha Stewart Living Special Issue Halloween. Photo by Sang An. Copyright © 2015.
Published on October 6, 2015, October 11, 2016, and October 17, 2017 . Updated with new information.