Looking for some simple vodka cocktail recipes for your movie awards watching party this weekend? If you want something that’s guilt free to go with all your yummy party appetizers, why not try some ruby red grapefruit cocktails?
Some people don’t like greyhound cocktails be they find that regular grapefruit juice is too sour. So they sweeten it with a bit of simple syrup.
Instead, use the juice from ruby red grapefruit, which is naturally sweet and in season now. Who needs extra calories from all that sugar?
In addition, a ruby red grapefruit cocktail is so pretty! Just image how a tray of pretty Pink Greyhound Cocktails would look on your party table!
Making a Pink Greyhound Cocktail recipe
I love adult fruit smoothies and blender cocktails, so my twist on the classic greyhound cocktail is a greyhound vodka drink made in a blender.
First, I take the ruby red grapefruit segments and pulverize them in a high speed blender to make a fresh, frothy and sweet grapefruit juice to mix with the vodka.
There’s no need to mess with a fruit juicer, fine strainer, or even a can! Just chill, peel, blend, mix, and you’re ready to go!
Not only do you have a delicious, refreshing cocktail that’s filled with vitamin C, it’s a vodka grapefruit drink you don’t have to feel guilty about. And it’s filled with fruit fiber, too!
You can also sugar the rim of your glasses with stevia or monk fruit powder for just a dash of sweetness!
Pink Greyhound Cocktail serving tips
For fun, you can use a sprig of rosemary from the garden as a swizzle stick in my Pink Greyhound Cocktail recipe. It’s the only herb in my garden that survives the winter, and I love the color and smell.
You could also use a sprig of mint or basil.
More party cocktails and mocktails
Looking for more fun cocktails and drinks for your party? Try these:
Mocktails and Drinks:
- Iced Tea Sangria Recipe
- Lemonade Sangria Recipe
- Orange Blossom Mocktail Recipe
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Spiced Citrus & Honey Hot Toddy Recipe
- Slow Cooker Smoking Bishop Recipe
- Slow Cooker Mulled Wine Recipe
- Amazing Prosecco Mimosa Recipe
- Sparkling Green Sangria
- Juniper Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- White Wine Sangria Recipe
- Smores Martini Recipe
- 8 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice (from 1 grapefruit)
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Place the ruby red grapefruit in your refrigerator for several hours until it’s nice and cold.
- Remove the grapefruit from the refrigerator, then quickly peel it, removing extra pith and seeds.
- Place in a high-speed blender and pulse until frothy.
- Pour 2 ounces vodka and 4 ounces grapefruit juice into a tall cocktail glass.
- Add rosemary sprig and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Originally published on February 13, 2015. Updated with new pictures and information.