When it's cold, you'll love warming up with this Spiced Citrus & Honey Hot Toddy drink.
As we all know, tea, lemon and honey is such a classic combination, especially during the winter when we’re all suffering from colds and sore throats.
A hot toddy for what ails you
A classic hot toddy has alcohol in it, but I advise against that if you’re taking any type of OTC cold relief product.
You’ll be zonked out enough without adding hooch to the mix!
Instead, use your favorite herbal or wellness tea or for nighttime, a sleepy tea.
- Hot water
- 1 tea bag (your favorite herbal, wellness or sleepy tea)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 orange peel
- 2 whole cloves
- Place the tea bag in a mug. Pour hot water over and let steep until sufficiently strong. Remove the tea bag from the mug.
- Add ginger slice, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon stick, star anise, orange peel, and cloves. Stir to dissolve honey.
- Let the tea cool slightly. Sip and enjoy it!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.