Make this easy-to-make cinnamon orange spiced tea recipe for holiday parties.
Double or triple the amount and keep warm in a slow cooker.
It’s the perfect tea to serve to guests on a cold day during the holiday season.
Cinnamon Orange Spiced Tea ingredients
● orange juice – you can use fresh orange juice or store-bought (pulp-free for easy clean up)
● cinnamon sticks (make sure to get plenty for garnishing the mugs)
● whole cloves
● Lipton Gallon Size Iced Tea Bag – using 1 large tea bag is much easier than unwrapping 10-12 regular sized black tea bags
● light brown sugar
● brandy – leave it out if you want to serve this as a tasty mocktail
● vanilla extract
How to make Orange Spiced Tea
This is the perfect way to make spiced tea:
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat orange juice, 2 cinnamon sticks, and cloves until juice begins to boil.
2. Remove orange juice from heat and add Lipton Gallon Size Iced Tea Bag. Cover and brew the orange juice, spices, and tea bag for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the teabag and gently squeeze it to get all the liquid out.
Some people feel squeezing a tea bag makes your tea bitter. I’ll leave it to your better judgment.
4. Stir in vanilla extract and optional brandy.
5. Pour spiced orange tea through a fine-mesh strainer into mugs or punch glasses. Garnish with more cinnamon sticks, if desired
Here are some different teas you can use:
- herbal teas like orange tea or another citrus tea
- decaffeinated black tea
- caffeinated black tea like English breakfast tea or Earl Grey tea
- ginger tea
- green teas
- white tea
- loose leaf tea leaves with a tea ball
- premade sweet tea (heat up in the microwave)
- instant tea (in a pinch)
Wondering if those old favorite teas in your pantry are still OK? Read: Does tea go bad?
You can make this with or without the brandy. But if you choose to raid the liquor cabinet, here are some ideas:
- Grand Marnier for extra orange flavor
Change the flavor
Vary the whole spices:
- whole cloves
- star anise
- black peppercorn
- your favorite aromatic spices
If you like Russian tea, add some lemon juice. Much better than using a drink mix.
You can also try this with pineapple juice.
You can also add an orange peel or orange slices as a garnish.
You can sweeten with honey, real maple syrup, or coconut palm sugar.
How to serve
Serve in mugs (glass or ceramic) or punch glasses.
For a party, keep warm in a crock-pot.
Or just keep it on low in a covered saucepan on the stovetop.
Possible health benefits of spiced tea
Treat yourself to an orange spice tea when you have a cold. Hot drinks feel soothing if you’re stuffed up or have a sore throat.
It’s also a bit like chicken soup. It helps replace fluids and the warmth makes you feel better.
Spiced tea is also filled with vitamin C and antioxidants:
- Orange juice: Vitamin C and antioxidants
- Black tea: Contains antioxidants (read more about the benefits of black tea)
- Cinnamon: Also contains antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties
- Cloves: High in antioxidants
Plus, its alcohol content may help with sleep. (Be careful mixing OTC cold relief products with alcohol.)
Also, I’m not a medical professional. Please use this medical advice at your discretion.
Love tea recipes?
This is the perfect addition to your drink menu. For more easy recipes, check out:
- 3 cups orange juice (fresh or store-bought)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 Lipton Gallon Size Iced Tea Bag
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat orange juice, 2 cinnamon sticks, and cloves until juice begins to boil.
- Remove orange juice from heat and add Lipton Gallon Size Iced Tea Bag. Cover and brew the orange juice, spices, and tea bag for 5 minutes.
- Remove the teabag and gently squeeze it to get all the liquid out.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour spiced orange tea through a fine-mesh wire strainer into mugs or punch glasses. Garnish with an additional cinnamon stick, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate Affiliate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.