You’ll love how easy this Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding recipe is. Just add a few ingredients together, and cook for less than three hours in your Crock-Pot. Serve with a scoop of ice cream!
This slow cooker pumpkin pudding recipe isn’t quite like a pumpkin bread pudding though. It’s more like a layer of creamy pumpkin mousse topped by a cake layer. Best of all, it’s flavored with chewy dried cherries and little bits of chocolate. Doesn’t that sound good? It’s the ideal gluten free pumpkin dessert recipe for Halloween or Thanksgiving – for all your guests!
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding is gluten free, dairy free, and since it uses no milk or egg. It’s even vegan if you use non-dairy buttery spread and ice cream. Best of all, all the ingredients for Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding can be found at your local Kroger including the Crock-Pot it’s cooked in.
Don’t have a Crock-Pot? Get one at Kroger!
Kroger is having it’s annual Crocktober event, which means Crock-pots are on sale! Even better, when you buy a Crock-pot Slow Cooker at $29.99 or more in the same transaction through November 8, you’ll receive $10 off your food purchase.
It’s a great time to get that additional Crock-pot you’ll need at Thanksgiving. Crock-Pots also make great holiday gifts.
It’s a wonderful time to get that additional Crock-pot you’ll need at Thanksgiving. Crock-Pots also make popular holiday gifts.
This Mama Cooks tips for making Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding
I used canned coconut milk since it’s a bit thicker than the kind you buy to drink. You can find it in the Asian food aisle at your Kroger store. I chose the full fat coconut milk instead of the “lite” version for this slow cooker pumpkin pudding recipe though I’m sure the “lite” version would work, too. (Use any leftover coconut milk in a smoothie or on your morning cereal.)
Since I wanted this slow cooker pumpkin dessert recipe to be both gluten free and dairy free, I used Guillard semi-sweet baking chocolate chips. Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, also sold at Kroger in the health food section, is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and nut free. Both brands taste and cook up great!
Since I wanted to keep dairy free and vegan, I used Earth Balance in my Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding recipe. You can find this in the refrigerated case of the health food section at Kroger.
I used vanilla So Delicious ice “cream.” My favorites are the soy milk and coconut milk varieties.
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit or stevia
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 (15-ounce) box gluten free yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup dairy free buttery spread, melted
- Non-dairy vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Coat inside of a 4-quart Crock-Pot with cooking spray.
- Add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, monk fruit or stevia, and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to the Crock-Pot. Stir ingredients together. Then spread pumpkin batter evenly at the bottom of the crock.
- Add cake mix, dried cherries, chocolate chips, and remaining tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice together in a medium bowl. Stir thoroughly to distribute cherries and chips throughout cake mix.
- Evenly pour the cake mix over the pumpkin batter in the Crock-Pot. Drizzle melted buttery spread over the cake mixture.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 2 1/2 hours. Remove the crock insert (if possible). Or turn off Crock-Pot. Uncover and cool for 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon warm pumpkin pudding into bowls. Top each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired. Garnish ice cream with a slight pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
- Serving size: 1/8 of recipe
Win a $50 Kroger gift card!
To celebrate Crocktober at Kroger, I’m giving away a $50 Kroger gift card to one winner. All you need to do to win is comment below on what slow cooker recipe from This Mama Cooks! On a Diet would you like to cook in your Crock-Pot. Then enter your info in the Rafflecopter widget below. (On mobile? Click on the Rafflecopter button below to enter.)
How to enter a Rafflecopter giveaway: Sign into the giveaway widget with either your Facebook account or your name and email address and follow the instructions. Once you've completed a task that's listed on the widget, you'll receive entries into the promotion.
You only need to do the comment part to enter the giveaway – and that’s done here on my website. All other entries are optional, so don’t worry if you’re not on Twitter or Pinterest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.