Even though school has started for many of us, that doesn’t mean that grilling season is over – especially with Labor Day just around the corner! That’s why you should check out Cooking Light Way To Cook: Grilling.
This cookbook features more than 400 full-color how-to images illustrating a variety of healthy grilling techniques and over 125 recipes. I’m sure you’ll find some that are perfect for parties, weekend or even school night grilling.
Start the grilling over direct heat to get good grill marks and charred bits, and then move to indirect heat to gently finish the cooking. Serve with lime wedges.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat using the burners on both sides of your grill. After preheating, turn the left burners off and leave the right burners on.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub evenly over chicken.
- Combine pineapple juice, tequila, and honey in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3⁄4 cup (about 10 minutes). Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and red pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over right burners (direct heat). Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture. Move chicken to grill rack over left burners (indirect heat). Cover and grill an additional 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally.
- Serving size: 1 thigh
- Calories: 241
- Calories from Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Sodium: 374mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
Recipe and picture used with permission.
Disclosure: Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.