Even though school has started for many of us, that doesn’t mean that grilling season is over – especially with Labor Day just around the corner! That’s why you should check out Cooking Light Way To Cook: Grilling. This cookbook features more than 400 full-color how-to images illustrating a variety of healthy grilling techniques and over 125 recipes. I’m sure you’ll find some that are perfect for parties, weekend or even school night grilling.
Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 thigh)
Start the grilling over direct heat to get good grill marks and charred bits, and then move to indirect heat to gently finish the cooking. Serve with lime wedges.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat using the burners on both sides of your grill. After preheating, turn the left burners off and leave the right burners on.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub evenly over chicken.
- Combine pineapple juice, tequila, and honey in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3⁄4 cup (about 10 minutes). Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and red pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over right burners (direct heat). Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture. Move chicken to grill rack over left burners (indirect heat). Cover and grill an additional 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally.
- Calories 241
- Fat 7.6g (sat 2.1g, mono 2.8g, poly 1.7g)
- Protein 18g
- Carbs 17.2g
- Fiber 0.4g
- Cholesterol 64mg
- Iron 1.2mg
- Sodium 374mg
- Calcium 19mg
Recipe and picture used with permission.
Disclosure: Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.