You’ll love making these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders the next time you have friends over to watch sports on TV.
It’s also a terrific dish to bring to potlucks or backyard barbecues!
They make a fun slow cooker dinner recipe, too.
Making these crockpot buffalo chicken sliders is super easy. Plus, they take only 20 minutes to put together.
If you start the shredded buffalo chicken sliders after breakfast, make sure to cook them on high.
Making shredded buffalo chicken sliders
That’s because these shredded buffalo chicken sliders are a wholesome combination of thigh and white chicken meat.
I also made a homemade buffalo sauce so you can control what’s in the sauce with no scary ingredients.
Finally, I suggest using whole wheat slider buns instead of white.
Personally, I think whole wheat tastes better. But you can use whatever slider buns you like.
Making gluten free slow cooker buffalo chicken
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix and Simply Organic Ranch Dip Mix should work just fine.
For your gluten free guests, use GF hamburger buns. They’re a little larger than slider buns, but will work just fine.
More ways to cook and serve your buffalo chicken sliders
Easy clean up: To make this crockpot buffalo chicken sliders a breeze to clean up use slow cooker liners.
These are a game changer! I no longer have to soak my slow cooker crock overnight or scrub it with a lot of Bar Keepers Friend.
Add cheese: Serve your shredded buffalo chicken sliders with shredded cheddar cheese or slices of cheddar cheese.
If your serving these at a party buffet style, give your guests the option to add the cheese or not.
More spiciness: Serve with bottles of Frank's Red Hot Sauce so people can add a little extra kick.
Plus Frank's Red Hot is a traditional buffalo chicken sauce that many people love and adore.
Buns, buns, buns! For the non-gluten free guests, you can serve up a variety of slider buns – white, whole wheat, and yummy Hawaiian.
Serve these gluten free desserts with your sliders
It isn’t a party if you don’t serve dessert! Here are some delightful gluten free desserts that everyone will enjoy, not just your GF guests.
If you’re craving cupcakes, check out Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe with Dulce de Leche Frosting or this Ice Cream Cones Cupcakes Recipe.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered stevia or monk fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1-ounce packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat
- 2 tablespoons corn or rice starch
- 2 packages slider buns (24 buns) or gluten free hamburger buns
- Place 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, onions, and garlic in a sauté pan. Cook over medium-high heat until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently and until liquid is gone.
- Add vinegar, spices, stevia, salt, and oil to sauté pan. Cook until spices blend, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Place contents of ranch seasoning mix into the slow cooker.
- Add chicken meat. Stir thoroughly so the chicken is covered.
- Place lid on the slow cooker and set on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred buffalo chicken with two forks and stir so the chicken is covered in sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of sauce from the slow cooker with the corn starch. Mix until combined.
- Add the corn starch mixture to the buffalo chicken in the slow cooker. Stir occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve shredded buffalo chicken on slider buns. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Originally published on March 28, 2013 and May 11, 2018. Updated with new pictures and information.