You’ll love making these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders the next time you have friends over to watch sports on TV. It’s also a terrific dish to bring to potlucks or backyard barbecues!
These buffalo chicken sliders take only 20 minutes to put together. If you start them after breakfast, cook them on high. That way you’ll have them ready by the early afternoon for prime TV sports viewing!
Healthing up this easy buffalo chicken recipe!
That’s because these shredded buffalo chicken sliders a combination of thigh and white chicken meat.
Finally, I suggest using whole wheat slider buns instead of white. Personally, I think whole wheat tastes better. Don’t you agree?
Making slow cooker buffalo chicken gluten free
This buffalo chicken recipe is naturally gluten free as long as you make sure the ranch dressing mix you’re using is gluten free. Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix and Simply Organic Ranch Dip Mix are both gluten free.
For your gluten free guests, use GF hamburger buns. They’re a little larger than slider buns, but will work just fine.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Ranch Sliders
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat
- 2 tablespoons corn or rice starch
- 2 packages slider buns (24 buns) or gluten free hamburger buns
- Place 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, onions and garlic in a sauté pan. Cook over medium high heat until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently and until liquid is gone.
- Add vinegar, spices, stevia, salt, and oil to sauté pan. Cook until spices blend, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Place contents of ranch seasoning mix into slow cooker.
- Add chicken meat. Stir thoroughly so chicken is covered.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken with two forks and stir so chicken is covered in sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of sauce from the slow cooker with the corn starch. Mix until combined.
- Add the corn starch mixture to the chicken in the slow cooker. Stir occasionally until sauce has thickened.
- Serve shredded chicken on slider buns. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 2 sliders
Originally published on March 28, 2013. Updated with new pictures and information.