Looking for a quick and Easy Nachos Recipe for this weekend’s Big Game festivities? Well, if you’ve ever tried to make restaurant style cheesy nachos at home just to get rubbery or dried out chips, you have to try this one skillet recipe!
I’ve created a nacho recipe where you dip the tortilla chips into the nacho dip after it’s been assembled and cooked. That way your tortilla chips stay nice and crispy.
Even better, I’ve made this nacho recipe in a skillet for easy serving at the table for a no guilt party meal since it’s made with lean ground turkey, beans, diced tomatoes, and nutritious beans. Just place the skillet on a pot holder on your table next to the bag of tortilla chips. Then your guests can spoon some nacho dip on to their plates along with a handful or two of tortilla chips. around.
Making this easy nacho recipe takes less than 20 minutes!
What I love about cooking up my Easy Nachos Recipe is that it takes no time at all. More time to enjoy the Big Game (and all those fun commercials) when you’re not stuck in the kitchen cooking!
I find that browning lean ground turkey takes less time than lean ground beef, which is why I use it. It’s also about half the cost, too. What takes most of the time in making this nacho dip recipe is actually opening the cans of beans, and draining and rinsing them!
Save time by using already a shredded Mexican style four cheese blend. I find that using finely shredded cheese saves even more time since melting it takes no time at all – 5 minutes max in a 250 degrees oven.
This Mama’s tips for making and serving nachos dip
Not all store bought taco seasoning is gluten free or dairy free, so check the label! Or make your own homemade taco seasoning, which is cheaper and tastier, too!
Make sure to use an oven safe skillet for this your nachos recipe. If you don’t have one, transfer your cooked ground turkey and beans mixture to an oven safe casserole dish. Then cover the mixture with cheese before placing it in the oven.
If you don’t like ground turkey, lean ground beef is OK to use, too.
You can easily make this nacho dip vegetarian by omitting the ground turkey. Then substitute the turkey with another can of beans (your choice). Or cook up some tofu crumbles instead of the ground turkey.
Don’t worry about using the same type of beans as listed in the recipe. Black beans, red beans, pinto beans, and even garbanzo beans would all be terrific in this skillet nacho dip!
I like serving a variety of tortilla chips with this easy nachos dip – blue chips, yellow and white corn chips, and even sweet potato tortilla chips. Check out the health food as well as the chip aisles of your grocery store for fun new tortilla chips colors and shapes.
Make your Easy Nachos Recipe on the mild side for your Big Game watching party. You may love your nachos hot and spicy, but your guests may not. Instead, place your favorite bottles of hot sauce on the table so everyone can turn it up a notch.
Leftover nachos dip can be reheated and put into tacos or burritos. Add more shredded cheese, sliced avocado, some cilantro, and chopped lettuce or other vegetables. Yum!
Avocado Hummus is another delicious and healthy party appetizer your guests will love!
Easy Nachos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 packet store bought taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) package (2 cups) finely shredded Mexican style four cheese blend
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil.
- Add diced onion, ground turkey, and taco seasoning. Brown turkey using back of spoon to break up meat.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, and salsa. Combine thoroughly and heat through until mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove skillet from heat. Pat down meat and mixtures mixture until it’s flat. Cover evenly with shredded cheese.
- Place skillet in 250 degrees F oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has completely melted. Keep in warm oven until serving time.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Serving size: varies
Originally posted on April 26, 2016. Updated with new information.