This Spicy Glazed Chicken recipe is perfect when you don't have time to cook. It's just the type of grilled (or broiled) chicken recipe you can make when you barely have time to breathe.
My friend and frequent guest contributor, Holly Clegg, must have been feeling my distress in trying catching up on email, work, and laundry this week by sending me this easy to make grilled chicken recipe.
The best thing about chicken is that most people love it – except for my son, Nathan – and it’s very affordable. If you’ve seen the price of steak lately, you’ll be glad this Spicy Glazed Chicken recipe is at your beck and call!
You can find more of Holly’s trim& TERRIFIC® recipes at The Healthy Cooking Blog.
Perfect chicken grilling recipe
Try this outstanding twist on barbecue sauce with Spicy Glazed Chicken from my Trim and Terrific KITCHEN 101 cookbook.
Impress guests at your cookout with the exciting and bold flavors and spice, all while being diabetic and freezer friendly!
Add some grilled corn, a large green salad and your favorite brownies or cookies and you have a fun-filled trim and terrific meal to enjoy those perfect, end of summer nights!
If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, any type of vinegar will work. No need to buy anything special!
Spicy Glazed Chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Cover baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and season to taste. Coat chicken with rub mixture and transfer to prepared pan. Broil 5 minutes on each side (can grill) or until chicken is done.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and vinegar. Turn chicken again and baste or coat with honey mixture, cooking a few minutes or until honey starts to thicken and forms a glaze (may smoke a little).
- Serving size: 4-ounce
- Calories: 228
- Calories from Fat: 30 (13%)
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Unsaturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 146mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
- Sugar: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Recipe and photo used with permission.