Living in a post-graduation world can be stressful for many. You’re looking for work or may have just landed your first real job. You’re living on your own and you may be missing the ease of college life. Well, my friend and guest blogger, Holly Clegg, has a wonderful cookbook for those just starting to cook for themselves, roommates and friends - Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence: Cooking Basics Plus 150 Easy Healthy Recipes (affiliate link) – which features delicious and easy-to-make recipes like this one for BBQ Chicken Pizza. (Holly’s Terrific Tip: Great option to use leftover or rotisserie chicken for a quick meal. )
Find more of Holly’s trim& TERRIFIC® recipes at hollyclegg.com and The Healthy Cooking Blog. Don’t forget to check out Holly’s new cookbook, Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis: 200 easy recipes and practical tips to help reduce inflammation and ease symptoms (affiliate link).
Graduation – don’t let the kitchen be stressful in a time of change
So you just graduated, now what? Graduation and moving out of the nest and into your first apartment can be a very exciting yet overwhelming time. Don’t let the kitchen be a reason to stress. Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence is your answer to all things food, helping you stock your pantry, and cook your favorite meals healthy and easy!
This will be your go-to book for simple dishes that feed and please – no need for unhealthy dining out! Forget dialing the delivery guy when you can whip up this fast food BBQ Chicken Pizza in no time! With just a few simple savory ingredients you can keep on hand you can easily impress – and this pizza happens to be good for you! With everything you need to know about tackling the kitchen, from healthy delicious recipes to all you need to whip them up – this cookbook, KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence is a must have for the proud graduate this season!
Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 (10-13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust, Boboli crust or premade gluten freee pizza crusts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (or combination)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- In large nonstick skillet, season chicken to taste and stir-fry over medium heat until done. Remove to bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Coat nonstick pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll crust and place in pan; starting at center, press out with hands. Spread pizza crust with remaining 3/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, red onion slices, chicken and green onions.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 271
- Calories from Fat: 62 (23%)
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Unsaturated fat: 4g
- Sodium: 569mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Sugar: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 2 1/2 lean meat
Recipe and photo used with permission of the author.