We’re in the midst of college basketball finals, and one thing my family loves to do is eat junk food while watching the games on TV. It drives me crazy to see them noshing on chips, dips and greasy foods like chicken wings. At the urging of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®, I decided to create a healthy remix of a classic game watching recipe – buffalo chicken wings with ranch dipping sauce – using the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix they sent me.
To health up my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Ranch Sliders, I’ve used a combination of thigh and white chicken meat instead of wings, homemade buffalo sauce, stevia instead of sugar, and whole wheat slider buns.
This is a super easy party dish to make since it takes about 20 minutes to put together and is cooked in the slow cooker. You can put it together after breakfast and by the time the games start (at noon on the weekends for us on the East Coast) the Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Ranch Sliders are ready to go.
The score? Chicken Wings 0. Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Ranch Sliders 4. (One point per family member.) Winner!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Ranch Sliders
Makes 24 sliders
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat
- 2 tablespoons corn or rice starch
- 2 packages whole wheat slider buns (24 buns)
- Place 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, onions and garlic in a sauté pan. Cook over medium high heat until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently and until liquid is gone.
- Add spices and oil to sauté pan. Cook until spices blend, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Place contents of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix packet into slow cooker.
- Add chicken meat and buffalo sauce. Stir thoroughly so chicken is covered.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken with two forks and stir so chicken is covered in sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of sauce from the slow cooker with the corn starch. Mix until combined.
- Add the corn starch mixture to the chicken in the slow cooker. Stir occasionally until sauce has thickened.
- Serve shredded chicken on slider buns. Enjoy!
Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix is a simple way to add a flavorful kick to a classic recipe. Click here to find more classic recipes remixed with Hidden Valley Ranch. Also check out the Ranch Remix contest for your chance to win great prizes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch Remix. The opinions and text are all mine.