My friend, Holly Clegg, has a new cookbook out called, Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence. Holly’s generously given me a copy to give away – details on how to win after the Spinach Dip recipe. It’s a terrific cookbook those just starting out on their healthy eating lifestyle. Since it has a photo for each recipe, it’s perfect for first time cooks, too. There’s also a chapter on Crock Pot cooking. Can’t wait to try out the brisket recipe!
Football is here
Football is here, and for me that means one thing – tailgate food! Whether you are watching the big game at home or tailgating outside, football food should be yummy for all ages, easy to serve, and quick to pick up to insure you are in your seat before the ball is in the air. With the Ready-Made Menus chapter from my new cookbook, Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence, I’ve taken all of the dirty work out of party planning, no thinking required! Spinach Dip is a classic favorite and my version of this yummy make-ahead dip is made with an array of flavorful ingredients giving this recipe a powerful flavor and crunch. The dill and feta knock the dip out of the park! And serving couldn’t be simpler-pick your favorite chip or veggie to dip, spread on sandwiches or serve in a Hawaiian bread bowl to cut down on dirty dishes. Who would ever think a cold spinach dip and veggies could be so tasty?
Serve this fantastically flavored cold spinach dip in different ways — with veggies, pitas, chips, sandwiches or stuff cucumber and celery.
Makes 24 (2-tablespoon) servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Greek nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt or season to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- Thaw, squeeze and drain chopped spinach.
- In bowl combine all ingredients except feta, mixing well.
- Stir in feta and refrigerate until serving.
- Calories 35
- Calories from Fat 58%
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Carbohydrates 1g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 2g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 fat
Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook giveaway
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Sandra L.!
- Visit Holly’s Healthy Cooking Blog and tell me what recipe you’d like to make in the comments below.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow amnichols on Pinterest for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries is FIVE.
- You have until midnight on Sunday, October 7, 2012 to enter.
ONE winner will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name and mailing address so I pass your info on to Holly. I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won’t share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
The giveaway is valued at $24.95 and is only open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age and older. No purchase required. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Up to FIVE entries per person. ONE cookbook will be given away. Void where prohibited by law.
Recipe and photo used with permission from the author.
Disclosure: I received a Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence to facilitate this review and giveaway. All opinions and experiences are my own.
Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.