Here’s another gluten free dessert inspired by the Grand Canyon Cook Book. This recipe caught my eye because I LOVE bread pudding, but have to stay away from it due to my food sensitivities to gluten, baker’s yeast, milk products and sugar.
My son who’s a big fan of Lärabars, which are date based, loved this healthy snack. Serve it warm out of the oven with a scoop of your favorite non-dairy ice cream or a dollop of Greek yogurt. It also heats up well in the microwave. Served cold, this gluten free dessert reminds me of pecan pie! You may just want to tuck this recipe away for Thanksgiving.
Either way, enjoy a sliver (a little goes a long way) with a hot mug of Crio Brü or a glass of soy milk.
Gluten Free Pine Nut and Date Pudding
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup Big Tree Farm’s Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Brown Rice Flour (gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup whole pine nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar and eggs. Add dates, brown rice flour, salt, baking power, and pine nuts.
- Pour into a greased, shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Calories 151
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6g
- Saturated Fat 0.6g
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 23mg
- Sodium 156mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23.3g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g
- Sugars 16.0g
- Protein 2.8g
Nutrition Grade B+ from CalorieCount
Weight Watchers POINTS = 3