Today, I’m off to Boulder to meet Holly Clegg, cookbook author and frequent guest poster here at This Mama Cooks! She’s doing several book signings here in Colorado to support her new women's lifestyle cookbook: Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secret To Sizzle At Any Age. Check out her blog, The Healthy Cooking Blog and her website, HollyClegg.com, to find out if she’s doing any book signings or TV and radio appearances near you.
I love how Holly takes something not-so-healthy and makes it good for you. This recipe for healthy pizza topped with shrimp and vegetables like spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes is from her cookbook, Gulf Coast Favorites.
You can make your own pizza crust using my healthy whole wheat pizza dough recipe or buy premade pizza dough at the store. If you’re gluten free, use a two of Udi’s Gluten Free pizza crusts. I like keeping a supply of their gluten free pizza crusts in my freezer so I can make pizza any time I’m in the mood.
You could also turn this recipe into a party appetizer by serving it on flatbread or making mini pizzas.
Healthy Shrimp Deluxe Pizza
- 1 (12-inch) premade thin pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound medium peeled shrimp, seasoned and cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or 1 cup shredded, part-skim, mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven 400°F. Coat crust with oil and garlic. Sprinkle with basil.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté mushrooms bout 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, stirring until wilted.
- Evenly spoon spinach mixture over crust and top with remaining ingredients. Bake 8–10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 189
- Calories from Fat: 66 (35%)
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Unsaturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 265mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugar: 29
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Diabetic Exchanges - 1 starch, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat
Weight Watchers POINTS = 4
Picture and recipe used with permission.
Disclosure: Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.