Today’s guest post is from cookbook author, Holly Clegg. Holly will be sending me recipes from time to time to feature here at This Mama Cooks! I’m thrilled to be working with her! You can check Holly out at The Healthy Cooking Blog, her website HollyClegg.com, on Twitter @HollyClegg, and Facebook,
This recipe comes from Holly’s cookbook Holly Clegg's Trim & TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites. Holly writes: Busy and no time to cook? Here’s a meal in minutes, an easy throw together soup, while the weather is still cool. Everyone has a shrimp and corn soup recipe, but this recipe is only six ingredients and it is TRIM & TERRIFIC!! Just open cans of corn and tomatoes, toss in shrimp for this simple yet superb soup.
Quick Shrimp and Corn Soup
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans cream
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 pounds medium peeled shrimp
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In large nonstick pot, combine cream corn, corn, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, until heated.
- Add shrimp, bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cook until shrimp is done, 5–7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions, serve.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 162
- Calories from Fat: 13 (8%)
- Total Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 825mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Sugar: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 very lean meat
Weight Watchers POINTS = 3 per serving