Last Updated on June 15, 2022 by Anne-Marie
This crock pot crack chicken recipe is a dish your family will flip over. Plus, you'll love how easy it is to make slow cooker crack chicken for dinner.
Why this recipe works
This crock pot crack chicken is an easy dump-and-go recipe. Just toss the ingredients together, cook, and serve!
Plus, it's filled with everything you crave - chicken, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing.
This easy recipe creates super moist pull-apart chicken that'll become a family favorite!
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- chicken broth
- dry ranch seasoning mix
- cream cheese
- cooked and crumbled bacon
- shredded cheddar cheese
- hamburger buns
- green onions (optional ingredient)
How to make this recipe
This keto crack chicken recipe takes only 10 minutes to prep.
1. Clean and trim the skinless chicken breasts, if necessary. Then lay the chicken in a single layer at the bottom of the slow cooker. (To make cleanup easy, use slow cooker liners.)
2. Pour chicken broth over the chicken.
3. Sprinkle with ranch dressing mix.
4. Cut cream cheese into chunks. Lay the cream cheese cubes on top of the chicken.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
6. Cook up the bacon while the easy crack chicken recipe cooks. Blot with paper towels, crumble and set aside.
7. Remove chicken from the slow cooker. Shred using two forks, shredding claws, or a hand mixer.
8. Return chicken shreds to the crock pot and stir in the crispy bacon bits.
9. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over cooked chicken. Place lid on crockpot and cover until cheese is melted.
10. Serve on buns. Garnish with green onions if you like.
11. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Is crack chicken keto?
Yes, this delicious chicken recipe is keto-friendly and low-carb.
The combination of cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and real bacon provides plenty of fat. And each serving has only 5 grams of net carbs. (Not including buns or any sides.)
Even if you're not following the keto diet, this crack chicken slow cooker recipe made with simple ingredients is the ultimate comfort food.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
To ensure that this crockpot crack chicken recipe is gluten-free, do the following:
● use gluten-free chicken broth or chicken stock
● use gluten-free dry ranch seasoning such as Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (it's also keto-friendly)
Or use homemade ranch dressing.
Can I make this with other cuts of chicken?
Sure! You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
The advantage is that thighs are often cheaper. Plus, they have so much more flavor than chicken breasts.
How to easily shred the chicken
After the cooking time has ended, you can shred the chicken three ways:
● with two forks
● with shredding claws
● or with a hand mixer
When you shred the chicken, it absorbs the liquid in the crockpot. The shredded cheese adds extra moisture, too.
So don't worry about the chicken being dry. But if you feel it is, you can always add a little extra chicken broth.
How to serve
Serve this slow cooker crack chicken recipe in a variety of different ways!
If you're on the keto diet, the low-carb option is to serve crock pot crack chicken with a green salad and low-carb wraps. Or try some lettuce wraps.
Not concerned with carbs?
Make crack chicken sandwiches with hamburger buns or hoagie rolls. Wow!
Or serve it with:
- mashed potatoes
- garbanzo bean salad
- on a baked potato
- steamed green beans or oven-roasted vegetables
- mac and cheese
Turn it into a crack chicken dip for parties. Serve the crack dip with tortilla chips or celery sticks. So good!
(Try my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe for parties, too.)
Finally, don't forget the hot sauce!
Can I freeze this recipe?
You can freeze this easy crockpot recipe in freezer-safe airtight containers or freezer bags.
Let the containers or bags thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
What's your favorite way to make chicken in your slow cooker?
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 packets (1 oz each) dry ranch seasoning
- 2 (8 ounces) blocks of cream cheese
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Clean and trim the skinless chicken breasts, if necessary. Then lay the chicken in a single layer at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with ranch dressing mix.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks. Lay the cream cheese cubes on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Cook up the bacon while the easy crack chicken recipe cooks. Blot with paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker. Shred using two forks, shredding claws, or a hand mixer.
- Return chicken shreds to the crock pot and stir in the crispy bacon bits.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over cooked chicken. Place lid on crockpot and cover until cheese is melted.
- Serve on hamburger buns. Garnish with green onions if you like.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serve on hamburger buns with green onions or with low-carb wraps or lettuce wraps.
As an Amazon Associate Affiliate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1059mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 63g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.