This easy pork tacos recipe comes from my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg. Coming from her Kitchen 101 cookbook, it’s simple enough to put together on a busy weeknight.
These easy pork tacos are perfect for summer!
Did you say tacos?! You get all ages to come running when tacos are on the menu. That’s why I’m always looking for an innovative terrific taco recipe.
If you are looking for an excuse to break in the grill this summer than look no further than this Easy Pork Tacos with Pineapple Slaw recipe. A bite of pineapple sweetness with the pork spiced just right is so good, and is even diabetic friendly! Try this terrific tip to heat tortillas in the microwave, and cover them with a damp paper towel for 30 seconds or until heated.
This Mama’s tips for making easy pork tacos recipes
I usually heat my corn tortillas on a griddle pan and then keep them warm in an insulated fabric pouch tortilla warmer. I love my tortilla warmer! So much better than keeping them warm (and drying them out) in the oven!
Pork Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, saving juice
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 4 cups your favorite Cole slaw mix
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 10 flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- In small bowl, combine pineapple juice (set crushed pineapple aside), yogurt, chili powder, cumin, and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Remove 2/3 cup yogurt mixture and place in plastic bag or dish to marinate pork chops. Refrigerate 10-30 minutes. Set aside remaining yogurt mixture.
- In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook pork chops (discard marinade) over medium-high heat, browning on each side or until done. Slice into strips.
- Combine reserved crushed pineapple, Cole slaw, green onions, chilies and remaining reserved yogurt mixture. Fill tortillas with pork slices and top with slaw.
- Serving size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 243
- Calories from Fat: 68 (28%)
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Unsaturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 385mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Sugar: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 2 1/2 lean meat
Recipe and photograph used with permission.