Looking for an easy watermelon salad recipe for a summer BBQ? Then you’ll have to try this delicious Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad from my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg!
Check out Holly’s trim & TERRIFIC™ cookbooks on Amazon, too!
Update on Holly: Holly was diagnosed with gastric cancer in 2018. For the latest on Holly’s health, see her Instagram page.
You can learn more about Holly’s Cancer Journey and donate to the Holly Clegg Gastric Cancer Research Fund at MD Anderson Cancer Center on her behalf.
Watermelon cantaloupe salad is ideal for summer!
This Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad recipe from my Eating Well Through Cancer cookbook is the perfect warm-weather salad!
This melon salad features just a sprinkling of feta and honey which gives spectacular sweet and salty flavors while remaining diabetic healthy!
This easy salad is packed with immune-boosting Carotenoid antioxidants found in watermelon and cantaloupe.
Make this salad recipe the night before to help the flavors meld together. It’s also the ideal solution of what to do with leftover watermelon!
The right tools help this an easy watermelon salad
Get the kids cooking in the kitchen this summer! It’s a great way to keep them busy and out of the summer heat.
And if they snack while they cook? No biggie as we all know how healthy fruit is!
More awesome recipes from Holly Clegg
Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad
- 2 cups watermelon small chunks or balls
- 1 cup cantaloupe small chunks or balls
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- In large bowl, combine watermelon and cantaloupe.
- In small bowl, mix together lemon juice, honey, mint and basil. Season to taste. Toss with watermelon mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving. Add feta before serving.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 60
- Calories from Fat: 7 (11%)
- Total Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugar: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 fruit
Picture and recipe used with permission of author.