Looking for an easy watermelon salad recipe for a summer BBQ? Then you’ll have to try this delicious Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad from my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg!
Watermelon cantaloupe salad is ideal for summer!
This Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad recipe from my Eating Well Through Cancer cookbook is the perfect warm-weather salad! Cool crisp watermelon, refreshing cantaloupe, and fresh basil create an invigorating light salad that pairs perfectly with anything you are throwing on the BBQ grill.
Cool crisp watermelon, refreshing cantaloupe, and fresh basil create an extraordinary and invigorating light salad. Just a sprinkling of feta and honey give spectacular sweet and salty flavors while remaining diabetic healthy! This easy watermelon salad is packed with immune-boosting Carotenoid antioxidants found in watermelon and cantaloupe.
Make this watermelon and cantaloupe salad recipe the night before to help the flavors meld together. It’s also the ideal solution of what to do with leftover watermelon!
Make this easy watermelon salad
Get the kids cooking in the kitchen this summer! It’s a great way to keep them busy and out of the summer heat.
The kids help you make this Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad recipe by cutting up the watermelon and cantaloupe in small chunks or balls using child safe kitchen knives or melon ballers. And if they snack while they cook? No biggie as we all know how healthy fruit is!
Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad
- 2 cups watermelon small chunks or balls
- 1 cup cantaloupe small chunks or balls
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- In large bowl, combine watermelon and cantaloupe.
- In small bowl, mix together lemon juice, honey, mint and basil. Season to taste. Toss with watermelon mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving. Add feta before serving.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 60
- Calories from Fat: 7 (11%)
- Total Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugar: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 fruit
Picture and recipe used with permission of author.