It's quick and easy to make Instant Pot pork chops.
This tasty pork chops recipe cooks up tender and juicy with a rich and flavorful gravy.
Serve the pressure cooker pork chops on rice and with your favorite side dish for an easy weeknight dinner.
How to make Instant Pot pork chops
1. Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper.
2. Set the Instant Pot to Sauté. Melt 1 tablespoons butter and stir in oil.
3. Brown the pork chops on all sides. Then transfer the chops to a plate and set aside.
4. Add remaining tablespoon of butter, onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the Instant Pot. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until onions are tender and translucent.
5. Stir in beef broth and cream of mushroom soup. Add the pork chops back to the pot.
6. The set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on High or Manual for 12 minutes.
7. Once time is up, let the pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then manually release any remaining pressure by pressing down the venting valve.
8. Remove the lid and transfer the pork chops to a clean plate. Cover the chops to keep them warm.
9. Set Instant Pot to Sauté setting and bring liquid to a boil.
10. In a small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch to create a slurry.
11. Add slurry to the pressure cooker. Whisk until the gravy thickens.
12. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
13. Spoon gravy over pork chops and serve.
14. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
What kind of pork chops?
This recipe calls for thick-cut pork chops. They can be either boneless pork chops or bone in.
Can only find thinner-cut pork chops? Then reduce the cooking time in half.
(Cook on High for 6 minutes on Manual instead of 12 minutes.)
Then follow the rest of the recipe just the way it's written.
Can I use frozen pork chops?
You can use frozen pork chops in this recipe.
Just skip the sauté step when you brown the pork chops.
Then add 5 minutes to the cook time.
Also, with frozen chops it takes longer for the pressure to build, about 15 minutes or so (versus 10 minutes), in your Instant Pot.
What kind of mushroom soup?
Use your favorite cream of mushroom soup in this pork chops recipe.
If you're gluten free, use a gluten free brand of soup.
Cook up a batch of Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup if you're gluten free or dairy free so you can control the allergens.
Don’t use condensed cream of mushroom, which won’t add enough moisture to this recipe. You’ll have tough, overcooked chops. No good!
If condensed soup is all you have, thin it with some water until you have 1 1/4 cups of soup.
Can I make a dairy free pork chop recipe?
Sure! You can this recipe dairy free with the following substitutions:
Butter: Use a vegan or dairy free buttery spread. Or leave out the butter and just use olive oil.
Mushroom soup: Make a dairy free version of my Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe.
Can I make a gluten free pork chop recipe?
Sure! You can this recipe gluten free with the following substitutions:
Mushroom soup: Make a gluten free version of my Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe.
Or use your favorite canned gluten free mushroom soup from the store.
Beef broth: Make sure you use a beef broth or beef stock that's certified to be gluten free.
Time saving recipe tips
Soup: You can use canned soup instead of making and using homemade soup. That's fine by me especially if you have a favorite gluten free brand.
Garlic: Use minced garlic in a jar. This is one of my favorite recipe time savers. 1 teaspoon = 1 clove garlic.
Mushrooms: Buy already sliced mushrooms at the grocery store to save all that slicing time. Use any leftover mushrooms in a salad or omelet.
Beef broth: No beef broth or stock? You can use vegetable broth or chicken broth in a pinch.
What to serve with Instant Pot pork chops
Serve this pressure cooker pork chop dish with a side of rice, quinoa, gluten free pasta noodles, or super cheesy crockpot scalloped potatoes.
You can use the mushroom gravy on these types of sides as well.
Other terrific side dishes that would go well with these tender pork chops include:
Homemade Applesauce - who can resist the classic pork chops and applesauce?
Oven Roasted Vegetables - roast them while the chops are cooking.
Garbanzo Bean Salad - this tasty salad goes well with pork.
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE. Melt 1 tablespoons butter, stir in oil. Brown pork chops on all sides, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, onions, mushrooms, and garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes until onions are tender and translucent.
- Stir in beef broth and cream of mushroom soup and add pork chops back to the pot.
- The set the Instant Pot to PRESSURE COOK (on high) or MANUAL for 12 minutes.
- Once the time is up let the pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then release the remaining pressure by pressing down the venting valve.
- Remove the lid and transfer pork chops to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE setting and bring to a boil.
- Stir together water and cornstarch till dissolved to create a slurry.
- In a small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch to create a slurry.
- Spoon gravy over pork chops and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 1271mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 45g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.