This recipe for easy gluten free meatballs can be made when you get home from school or work since it needs just a couple of hours to cook in the slow cooker. Though, you can cook your gluten free slow cooker meatballs for up to four hours for extra flavor.
Around here I never know when we’re going to sit down for dinner due to evening activities like wrestling practice and bowling nights! This means having something that can be easily dished up at a moment’s notice like the Best Gluten Free Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs Ever!
This gluten free slow cooker meatballs recipe is so convenient! I always keep ground turkey and turkey sausage in the freezer just so I can make this easy gluten free dinner dish when the whim hits.
Plus, you can feel good about feeding your family this gluten free turkey meatball recipe. Turkey is a lean, tasty substitution for foods traditionally prepared with beef or pork. Often you’ll find that turkey is a less expensive alternative, too.
Believe it or not, my kids don’t like turkey. However, they gobbled these gluten free slow cooker turkey meatballs up! They knew they were turkey and gluten free, but didn’t care. They even fought over who got the leftover meatballs the next day for lunch!
Making this Best Gluten Free Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs Ever recipe is easier than you think!
Prep time takes less than 30 minutes since you can use your favorite premade spaghetti sauce in this gluten free turkey meatball recipe. Just double check the label to make sure it’s gluten free and doesn’t have any ingredients you may want to avoid like MSG or dairy.
To keep these meatballs gluten free, I used gluten free Kinnikinnick Panko Bread Crumbs. I love this brand of gluten free bread crumbs and use them for making meatballs, meatloaf, and Gluten Free Mac & Cheese Casserole with Peas, Carrots & Ham.
Use a large ice cream scoop to measure out the perfect amount of turkey meat and boom – you’ve got gorgeous gluten free turkey meatballs! There’s no need to cook the meatballs in the oven or sauté them in a skillet. Easier than you thought, right?
Prep your gluten free meatballs recipe in the morning, so you can plop them in your Crock-Pot when you get home from work or school. Use slow cooker liners for quick and easy cleanup, too. No need to soak and scrub!
More of this Mama’s tips for making the Best Gluten Free Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs ever!
- Make a double recipe of gluten free meatballs. Freeze half in Ziploc freezer bags or plastic freezer containers for another busy school night.
- Serve Gluten Free Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs with your favorite gluten free pasta. One of my favorites is Barilla Gluten Free Pasta.
- Leftover gluten free turkey meatballs make great sandwiches. Serve on your favorite gluten free bread with a slice of mozzarella cheese and extra sauce. Slice the meatballs so they fit in the sandwich better. You can preheat the meatballs in the microwave, if you wish, or serve them cold. Delicious both ways!
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
- 2 (24 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 pound mild Italian lean turkey sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free Kinnikinnick panko style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour marinara sauce into slow cooker pot and set to low. Cover with lid.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix ingredients together until well combined. Remove lid from slow cooker.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, measure out enough meat for a 2-inch meatball. Shape meatball with your hands and place gently into the sauce. There will be enough for about 18 meatballs. Place each meatball in the crock so it’s covered with sauce. It’s OK if the meatballs are touching.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours until they reach an internal temperature of 165 F. Serve on your favorite pasta.
- Serving size: 2 (2-inch) meatballs