If you’re looking for the best way to marinade and roast a pork loin, go no further than trying out this Best Herb & Lemon Pork Loin Marinade.
I love how the herbs, lemon juice, and other ingredients in the marinade add so much flavor to the meat and tenderizes the pork.
I especially like how this best marinated pork loin recipe uses a natural, no calorie sweetener like stevia powder or monk fruit powder. These natural sweeteners are ideal for lowering the calories in marinades.
(This Best Herb & Lemon Pork Loin Marinade recipe is also terrific for sports watching parties. Trying grilling instead of cooking the pork loin roast in the oven!)
This Mama’s tips for best marinated pork loin
Start this recipe for marinated pork loin in the morning before leaving for work. When you come home, get it roasting in the oven while you get started on the side dish, salad, and if you feel up to it, a yummy dessert.
Or sit back and enjoy a cocktail and catch up with your spouse and kids.
If you don’t have club soda, plain seltzer is OK to use in this marinated pork loin recipe.
The Jaccard Meat Tenderizer is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets and one of my readers’ favorites, too!
Start checking your easy pork loin roast after one hour with a digital cooking thermometer. Nothing worse than dried out pork!
Best Herb & Lemon Pork Loin Marinade for Pork Roast
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup powdered stevia or monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3 pound) pork loin roast, tenderized
- In a small bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, club soda, olive oil, stevia or monk fruit, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, basil, parsley, mustard, celery seed, mustard seed and garlic.
- Tenderize the pork loin by placing on a cutting board. Take two forks with both hands and simultaneously jab the fork into the loin multiple times to pierce.
- Place pork loin roast in a large plastic re-sealable bag and pour marinade over pork loin. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove roast from bag, place in a roasting pan, and save marinade.
- Roast pork loin at 325 degrees F for about 1 1⁄4 hours, or to an internal temperature of 155 degrees F. Baste the pork with the marinade every 30 minutes while cooking.
- Remove roast from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes (it will continue to cook during this resting stage). Confirm internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F prior to serving.
- Serve with wild brown rice, quinoa, or string beans
- Serving size: 1/2 pound per person
Originally posted on January 24, 2014. Updated with new pictures and information.