Who doesn’t love streusel cake or blueberry muffins? That’s why Holly Clegg’s Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake is so amazing.
Not only that, but it’s perfect for a weekend brunch, morning breakfast meetings, teacher appreciation breakfasts, or play dates with the neighborhood moms.
Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake is so easy to make that your kids can bake up this blueberry muffin streusel recipe for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, too.
Check out Holly’s trim & TERRIFIC™ cookbooks on Amazon, too!
Update on Holly: Holly was diagnosed with gastric cancer in 2018. For the latest on Holly’s health, see her Instagram page.
You can learn more about Holly’s Cancer Journey and donate to the Holly Clegg Gastric Cancer Research Fund at MD Anderson Cancer Center on her behalf.
This Mama’s tips for making Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake
You can make this easy brunch recipe with frozen blueberries, too. Thaw the berries and pour off any juice before mixing them into the batter.
My favorite is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour because you can use it just like regular flour.
Check out my Best Gluten Free Products List to find more of my favorite gluten free baking products!
If you’re bringing a pan of blueberry streusel cake to a work meeting or a play date, you’ll want to use an insulated potluck carrier to transport it safely and keep it warm.
I love the Rachel Ray Expandable Lasagna Lugger since it can be used to transport hot and cold foods. You can also use it to carry two dishes to the party or just use it for one dish. Super versatile!
Don’t forget to bring a cake server with you to the party. Nothing worse than trying to serve up the streusel cake with a dull plastic knife.
Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake for brunch
Looking for a nice way to show anyone how much you care and appreciate all of the hard, tireless work they do?
Or maybe you just want together with friends for brunch? Then serve this delicious Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake recipe!
My friend, Teresa, gave me this recipe that has been in her family for years. A cross between a muffin and cake.
My version of Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake is my absolute favorite brunch dish as I can eat it all day long.
It’s also easy to bake up a pan of Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake the night before a breakfast meeting or brunch with friends. The kids will have fun mixing the batter and sprinkling the topping.
You may want to keep these ingredients on hand to whip up a pan of blueberry muffin streusel when the cravings hit, too!
More awesome recipes from Holly Clegg
Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake
For the cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
For the streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the cake:
- Preheat oven 375°F. Coat 9x9x2-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, milk and egg.
- Stir in oil and blueberries, only until mixed.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup reserved Streusel Topping (see recipe) on bottom of pan. Carefully spread cake mixture on top. Cover with remaining reserved Streusel Pecan Topping.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out dry.
For the streusel topping:
- In small bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in vanilla and butter using pastry blender or fork.
- Reserve 1/2 cup topping and add pecans to remaining topping.
- Serving size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 231
- Calories from Fat: 81
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Unsaturated fat: 7g
- Sodium: 83mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Sugar: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Photo and recipe courtesy of Holly Clegg.
Originally published on May 7, 2012. Updated with new pictures.