Satisfy a crowd with Quick Chili
When you think of October, sure candy is on the minds of little one’s. But there’s more to this fun filled night than just sugar-loaded snacks. Even though this holiday focuses on the children, there are always adults around, and all of that trick-or-treating can really make a crowd hungry! A simmering pot of hearty soup on the stove is a satisfying economical dinner that not only feeds a crowd, but also this one-pot meal leaves little cleanup.
And not much else hits the spot on a crisp fall evening than a big bowl of Quick Chili – full of flavor and oh-so-simple to whip up! Not enough bowls to go around? Don’t worry! Pull out mugs for easy entertaining.
Healthy & Quick Chili
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- In large nonstick pot, cook meat and onion until done; drain off any excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 318
- Calories from Fat: 64 (20%)
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Unsaturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 759mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Sugar: 9g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 vegetable, 4 lean meat
Recipe and photo used with permission of the author.
Disclosure: Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.