Here's a recipe that a woman passed out at my Weight Watchers meeting last Saturday. It's delicious and oh so healthy. Everyone in your family should enjoy this taco soup though it's so thick I'd call it a taco stew.
(1 cup = 4 Weight Watchers POINTS)
Brown 1 pound very lean chopped meat (I used ground venison) with one large diced onion in a large stew pot.
- 16 ounce canned tomato sauce
- 16 ounce canned kidney beans (rinsed)
- 16 ounce canned pinto beans (rinsed)
- 16 ounce garbanzo beans (rinsed)
- 16 ounce canned yellow corn (don't drain)
- 16 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 3 ounce can of diced green chilies
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cup water
Heat to boiling. Immediately lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy.
I also tried this with a scoop of pineapple and mango salsa in the middle. The cold but spicy salsa with the hot soup was an interesting contrast.
This makes a large quantity and freezes well, too.