Here's a recipe that a woman passed out at my Weight Watchers meeting last Saturday. It's delicious and oh so healthy. Everyone in your family should enjoy this taco soup though it's so thick I'd call it a taco stew.
I also tried this with a scoop of pineapple and mango salsa in the middle. The cold but spicy salsa with the hot soup was an interesting contrast.
This makes a large quantity and freezes well, too.
Weight Watchers Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound very lean ground meat
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed)
- 1 (16 ounce) garbanzo beans (rinsed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can yellow corn (don't drain)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (3 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Brown ground meat with one large diced onion in a large stew pot.
- Heat to boiling. Immediately lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy.
- Serving size: 1/4 to 1/6 of recipe