Serve up these Cuban Sliders at a party, tailgate, or just getting together with friends to watch sports on TV.
This fun Cuban slider recipe also makes a easy and fun dinner to make for the family.
They're so easy to make because you cook up the pulled pork in your slow cooker.
Then you put the Cuban sandwich sliders together with a few additional ingredients from the store.
Everyone will marvel at how adorable and fun these mini Cuban sandwiches are to eat!
Making Cuban sliders with your crock-pot
I fell in love with Cuban sandwiches when I first visited the Columbia Restaurant in Tampa. I wanted to recreate the taste of an authentic Cuban sandwich, but with a fun party twist.
I thought mini Cuban sandwiches made with pulled pork would be a fun and oh, so delicious.
Plus, pulled pork is easily made in a slow cooker and kept warm until your party starts up.
Cook on high: If you’re in a rush, get the pork cooking on high so the pulled pork is ready to add to your Cuban sliders for an early afternoon game.
Marinade: One of my favorite ways to season shredded pork is by using marinades.
Since a marinade is very similar to a salad dressing, I used my favorite bottled ranch dressing in this Cuban sliders recipe to give it a unique flavor.
You can use either a regular or lite ranch dressing. Both would be delicious!
Love Cuban pulled pork sandwiches? Then you have to try making Cuban Panini, too!
Easy cleanup: For easy crock-pot cleanup, use slow cooker liners. They’re WONDERFUL.
Now that I use them, I no longer have to soak my crock-pot overnight and scrub it with a scouring pad.
How to prepare Cuban sliders
Cuban sliders, like authentic Cuban sandwiches, should be served with the following fillings and condiments:
● thinly sliced Swiss or baby Swiss cheese, cut into small squares the size of the Cuban pulled pork sliders buns
● thinly sliced deli ham, also cut into small squares the size of the slider buns
● yellow mustard (Yes, the regular yellow stuff you put on hot dogs and not a fancy, grainy mustard!)
● thinly sliced dill pickles
Most grocery stores have a terrific selection of slider buns. Kings Hawaiian Cuban Sliders are pretty awesome. My kids LOVE ‘em!
However, my local store has store brand slider buns in regular, whole wheat, potato, honey, and sweet.
Get a variety to make your Cuban sliders even more fun to serve up!
How to make mini Cuban sandwiches for a party
One party appetizer option is to make up a batch or two of Cuban Sliders before your guests arrive.
Or keep the pulled pork warm in your crock-pot and have people make their own by keeping all the ingredients out on a table.
That way everyone has a fresh batch of mini Cuban sandwiches and the buns don’t get soggy.
Drinks and desserts to serve with your Cuban sandwich sliders
Cuban Sliders Recipe
For the pulled pork:
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ancho chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Cuban Sliders:
- 2-3 packages slider buns (any variety)
- 1 small jar yellow mustard
- 2 large jars whole dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds thinly sliced Swiss or baby Swiss cheese, cut into small squares the size of the slider buns
- 2 pounds thinly sliced deli ham, cut into small squares the size of the slider buns
For the pulled pork:
- Place the pork loin in a large slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the ranch dressing, lemon and lime juices, honey or agave, spices, and salt. Pour the dressing mixture over the pork.
- Cook the pork on Low for 8 to 10 hours or High for 4 to 6 hours. Pork is done when it’s tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Pour out all of the liquid from the crock. Otherwise, you’ll have shredded pork soup!
- Shred the pork and keep warm.
To make the Cuban Sliders:
- Make the slider by layering two pickles, a cheese square, a deli ham square, a small mound of shredded pork, and two more pickles between the slider bun.
- Keep sliders warm in the oven until it’s time to serve.
- Serving size: 2 sliders
Originally published on January 19, 2015. Updated with new pictures and information.