This Hummus & Tabbouleh Salad is a layered mound of fantastic flavors that makes an amazing party appetizer.
I know my family LOVES hummus especially when topped with feta cheese.
This yummy recipe is from my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg’s cookbook, Eating Well To Fight Arthritis: 200 Easy Recipes and Practical Tips to Help Reduce Inflammation and Ease Symptoms.
How to serve hummus and tabbouleh salad
This layered mound of fantastic flavors makes a splendid Mediterranean tabbouleh salad. To make it go further, serve it with chopped up romaine lettuce.
Or you can make it into a party dip! Serve this easy to make hummus and tabbouleh salad recipe as an appetizer with toasted pita bread, pita chips or bagel chips.
That’s Holly’s recommendation. She told me when she made this for a party, everyone was raving about it.
Did you know that parsley is a good source of plant iron? One cup contains about 20% of your recommended daily allowance.
Check out Holly’s trim & TERRIFIC™ cookbooks on Amazon, too!
This Mama’s tips for making Hummus & Tabbouleh Salad gluten free
Then you can serve the Hummus & Tabbouleh Salad on brown rice tortillas or gluten free bread.
More awesome recipes from Holly Clegg
Hummus & Tabbouleh Salad recipe
- 1 (5.25-ounce) box Tabbouleh mix wheat salad (makes 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (flat leaf preferred)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) container roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- In bowl, prepare tabbouleh mix according to package instructions. After water is absorbed, fluff with fork and add olive oil, mixing well.
- To tabbouleh, add red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, lemon juice and season to taste.
- On large serving plate, spread hummus, top with tabbouleh salad and sprinkle with feta. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 308
- Calories from Fat: 103 (34%)
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Unsaturated fat: 11g
- Sodium: 909mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Sugar: 7g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Dietary Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat
Recipe and photo used with permission of the author.
Originally published on June 7, 2013. Republished with new pictures and information.