Looking for some green party food for St. Patrick’s Day that’s also healthy and naturally gluten free? This recipe healths up a party classic – deviled eggs – by substituting avocado and plain yogurt for mayonnaise. You can sprinkle the tops with chives or blend them in for a punchier green, too!
Avocado Deviled Eggs
Yield: 12 deviled eggs
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 fully ripened avocado from Mexico, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon plain low or no-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 to1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- chopped chives (optional)
- In a small bowl, place egg yolks; add the avocado and mash until smooth.
- Stir in yogurt, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in jalapeño and onion, then spoon into egg white shells, dividing equally.
- Arrange on a serving plate. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
Photo and recipe used with permission.
Amazon links are affiliate links. A commission may be earned from a referred sale to their website.