- Avocado Coconut & Watermelon Ice Pops
- Wasabi Avocado Coleslaw
- Gluten Free Avocado Chocolate Chip Bread
- Grapefruit, Salmon, and Avocado Salad
- Avocado and Feta Frittata
- Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Avocado Ricotta Pound Cake
- Guaca Mary Cocktail
- Chilled Avocado Soup
- Avocado Toast
- Black Bean-Avocado Salsa with Home-Baked Tortilla Chips
- Chipotle and Lime Guacamole
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cheddar Burrito
I love avocados because they’re so versatile. They can be used at every meal and in everything from desserts like ice pops and breads to egg dishes and tacos. Avocados naturally contain vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folate. One-fifth of a medium avocado (1 ounce) has 50 calories and contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, making it an extremely nutrient dense food.
A great source of information about avocados (as well as some terrific avocado recipes) is the California Avocado Commission. You can connect with them on Facebook, Twitter @CA_Avocados, Pinterest and Instagram.