What better way to end National Barbecue Month by grilling up some chicken skewers on the grill this Memorial Day?
By using San-J's Orange Sauce, you add some unique flavor without a lot of work. Plus, if you’re cooking for gluten free guests or relatives, you can be assured that you’ll be serving up a dish that’s safe for them to eat since San-J Orange Sauce is certified gluten free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
While this would make a fun party dish – who doesn’t love food on a stick - this is easy enough to quickly cook up during the week when you get home from work. Get the chicken marinating and have the rice cooking on the stovetop or in your rice cooker [affiliate link]. You can even heat up some frozen edamame or stir fry veggies in the microwave as a side dish!
Just remember if you’re using wooden bamboo skewers [affiliate link] that you have to soak them in water for 20 minutes before cooking, too. If you time it right, you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup San-J Orange Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Combine the San-J Orange Sauce and honey and put half in a medium mixing bowl, reserve the rest for later. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and toss to combine. Let chicken marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature or for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator. (If marinating in the refrigerator, let come to room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.) If using wooden skewers, soak 4 in water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to moderately high heat (450°F on a gas grill).
- Divide chicken pieces onto 4 skewers allowing the chicken to touch but do not cram the pieces together. Brush grates of grill with oil.
- Grill for 4 minutes with the lid to barbecue closed. Turn skewers over and grill another 4 minutes covered. Brush the reserved sauce onto the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes, turning several times, or until the chicken is cooked through but still juicy. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Recipe and photo used with permission. © 2012 San-J International. All rights reserved.