When it comes to feeding their families, moms want to put nutritious and delicious meals on the table fast. They don’t want to deal with a long list of ingredients, but want something they can quickly put together.
That’s why I’ve partnered with American Express Blue Cash® Preferred and Everyday cards to run a Blue Cash Dinner@6 giveaway of $600 in American Express gift cards. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be featuring dinner entrees that use no more than 6 ingredients. And I’ll be asking you to submit your favorite dinner recipes that use 6 ingredients or less for a chance to win $600 in American Express gift cards! (Details below.)
Why six ingredients?
It’s to celebrate the launch of the new American Express Blue Cash Preferred and Everyday cards. With the cost of everything going up, the new Blue Cash Cards provide a simple way for you to get cash back – as high as 6% – when you shop for every day necessities.
Both Blue Cash cards immediately offer cash back in categories in which prices are rising like gas, supermarket purchases and clothing bought at department stores. You can use it online, too.
With the new Blue Cash Cards, there are no spending minimums, cash back caps, ongoing enrollments, or rotating categories of cash back benefits. The benefits don’t change either, as they do with some other cards.
For Blue Cash Preferred, it’s as simple as 6%-3%-1% (6% cash back at supermarkets, up to 3% at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases). At 6% cash back, Blue Cash Preferred offers consumers the most cash back at the supermarket available in the market today. (Blue Cash Preferred carries a $75 annual fee, but may be worth having if you put a lot of purchases on your card.)
For Blue Cash Everyday, it’s a simple as 3%-2%-1% (3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases) with no annual fee.
To learn more about the Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Cash Everyday cards, visit www.americanexpress.com/bluecashcards.
Chicken with feta and sun dried tomato
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 4 chicken half breasts
- 4 tablespoons flour (I used gluten free brown rice flour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the crumbled feta, minced sundried tomatoes, and minced fresh basil in a small bowl. Put aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and use a meat tenderizer mallet to flatten to 1/4" thickness.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of the flour on each side of the chicken breast halves. Make sure to coast the chicken as evenly as possible.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the skillet and heat until sizzling.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and place on an oven safe plate or on a baking sheet.
- Cover chicken breasts with feta, sundried tomatoes and basil mixture. Place under broiler for 2 minutes until the feta starts to brown. Be careful not to burn the dish!
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 497
- Calories from Fat: 205
- Total Fat: 22.8g
- Saturated fat: 8.5g
- Sodium: 581mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Fiber: 1.0g
- Protein: 59.7g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
How to enter the Blue Cash Dinner@6 giveaway
Please submit any dinner recipes you have that include 6 ingredients or less to be entered to win $600 in American Express gift cards. You can leave up to 6 total recipes between now and Wednesday, August 24th at midnight MST on this post and my follow up post next week.
The recipe doesn’t have to be original. You don’t have to cook up something new. It can be from someone else’s blog, website or cookbook. All you have to do is just share the recipe below!
On Friday, August 26th, I’ll announce the winner of the $600 in American Express gift cards and post that recipe here at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the activities listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, I won’t be able to include them as entries.
- Submit your favorite dinner recipe that features 6 ingredients or less. You MUST type or cut and paste the entire recipe into the comment form below. If you have a blog, please also provide a link to the post.
- You may submit 6 recipes TOTAL on this post and the one next week. (Not six recipe per post.) However, you must leave each recipe in a separate comment.
- If you have a blog or giveaways listing site/post/page, feel free to post about this contest on it for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can check.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @americanexpress on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! is 12.
- You have until midnight MST on Wednesday, August 24th to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen at random.
- You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to American Express’s PR people so they can mail out your American Express gift cards.
- I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time by American Express to create these series of posts and run the giveaway. All opinions are my own.