Looking for a green St. Patrick’s Day drink that isn’t beer? How about trying something a bit more sophisticated without all that gluten – a Sparkling Green Sangria?
This green St. Patrick’s Day drink recipe is perfect for parties, especially if it’s warm where you live. There's nothing better than sangria when it’s hot out!
I especially like this green Moscato sangria recipe because it’s on the healthy side as it features cucumbers, grapes, and apples. Also, the calories in the sangria wine are reduced by adding club soda to the green drink mix. It’s almost like a spa drink, but with a little Moscato wine added.
Use large ice cube molds – either square ice cube molds or frozen ice ball makers – and freeze fruit and some wine (instead of water) inside the ice cube molds ahead of time. This will keep your sangria cooler longer. Using wine instead of water means your Sparkling Green Sangria won’t be diluted, too. No one wants a watery green cocktail on St. Patrick's Day!
For your St. Patrick’s Day party, invest in a punch bowl set in which to serve your Sparkling Green Sangria! Having one will give you the incentive to make sangria and other types of punches throughout the year! (You’ll be surprised how often you use it. Plus, you can use it as a snack bowl or trifle bowl.)
Also, serving this green cocktail in a punch bowl means that you don’t have to make St. Patrick's Day cocktails to order. That way there's no need to play bartender at your party and miss out on all the St. Patrick's Day fun!
More green recipe ideas for St. Patrick’s Day parties
Need some healthy green food recipe ideas for St. Patrick’s Day for your party? Here are a few from This Mama Cooks! On a Diet:
- Healthy Green Goddess Dip
- Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Spicy Avocado Hummus
- Chipotle and Lime Guacamole
- Avocado & Yogurt Veggie Shooters
- High Protein Edamame Hummus
- Greens, Eggs & Ham Flatbread Pizza
- Goat Cheese Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Baby Greens and Balsamic Reduction
- Chilled Avocado Soup
- Split Pea Soup
- Wasabi Avocado Coleslaw
- Marinated Chickpeas with Quinoa and Dandelion Greens
- Kale Salad with Fruity Vinaigrette
- Dairy Free Key Lime Mousse
- Avocado Coconut & Watermelon Ice Pops
- Avocado Ricotta Pound Cake
- Gluten Free Avocado Chocolate Chip Bread
Sparkling Green Sangria
- 2 (750 ml) bottles Moscato wine
- 3 ounces Triple Sec
- 2 sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 1 sliced Granny Smith apple
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 sliced lime
- 1/2 liter club soda
- Pour wine in a pitcher or bowl and add sliced cucumber, grapes, apple, lemon and lime.
- Next add Triple Sec and stir gently.
- Cover and chill from 2-24 hours. (The longer, the better!)
- Before serving, top with club soda.
- Stir gently and serve over ice.
- Serving size: 1/15 of recipe
Originally published on March 15, 2012. Updated with new pictures. Recipe and picture courtesy of VOGA Italia Wine.