Well, it looks like I’m headed back to the hospital today for a follow up procedure to my brain surgery from back in July. Without getting too TMI on you, my incision is infected again and they have to clean it up. It requires an overnight stay and hopefully the recovery won’t be as rough as before. So I’ll be relying on guest posts from friends like Holly Clegg and brands I love, like this wonderful recipe from Florida Citrus, to keep the blog going while I recover. Hopefully, I’ll be back in the swing of things at least part time next week!
I love dark chocolate bark using healthy nuts and dried fruit because it makes me feel less guilty when I want to indulge in something sweet. Plus, this would make a wonderful edible gift during Halloween or Thanksgiving. You can add dried cranberries to the recipe and serve it for Christmas, too!
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 16 ounces Callebaut® semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup candied orange peel
- 1 cup salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Place orange juice in small saucepan over medium heat; cook and reduce to 1/4 cup and cool.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour melted chocolate onto the parchment paper to 1/4-inch thickness; swirl in the cooled orange juice reduction with a spatula, creating thin channels in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle orange peel and pistachios over chocolate; press into chocolate.
- Cool bark completely until chocolate hardens; break into pieces.
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Picture and recipe used with permission.