Here’s another wonderful gluten free recipe the folks at San-J sent me from Amie Valpone of The Happy Apple. It would make a terrific side dish most nights, but is perfect for Meatless Monday as a main dish since quinoa is an excellent source of vegetarian protein – just double the amounts so you have plenty to serve.
Coconut Quinoa Salad
By Amie Valpone of The Healthy Apple
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked shelled edamame
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely diced red bell peppers
- 4 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 scallion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari Ginger Asian Dressing
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad by combining edamame, beans, red peppers, mushrooms, scallion, dried cranberries, coconut and carrot.
- Remove quinoa from heat; set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Add cooked quinoa to the bowl of salad ingredients.
- Pour San-J Gluten Free Tamari Ginger Asian Dressing on top; gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, parsley, lime zest, sea salt and pepper.
Recipe and photo used with permission. © 2012 San-J International. All rights reserved.