What better way to end National Barbecue Month by grilling up some chicken skewers on the grill this Memorial Day. By using San-J’s Orange Sauce, you add some unique flavor without a lot of work. Plus, if you’re cooking for gluten free guests or relatives, you can be assured that you’ll be serving up a dish that’s safe for them to eat since San-J Orange Sauce is certified gluten free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
Grilled Orange Chicken
By Carol Kicinski of Simply Gluten Free
Makes 4 servings
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup San-J Orange Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Combine the San-J Orange Sauce and honey and put half in a medium mixing bowl, reserve the rest for later. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and toss to combine. Let chicken marinate for
- 20 minutes at room temperature or for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- (If marinating in the refrigerator, let come to room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.) If using wooden skewers, soak 4 in water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to moderately high heat (450°F on a gas grill).
- Divide chicken pieces onto 4 skewers allowing the chicken to touch but do not cram the pieces together. Brush grates of grill with oil.
- Grill for 4 minutes with the lid to barbecue closed. Turn skewers over and grill another 4 minutes covered. Brush the reserved sauce onto the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes, turning several times, or until the chicken is cooked through but still juicy. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe and photo used with permission. © 2012 San-J International. All rights reserved.